OP
Ernie C

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where would it be located?
Hi Yoel, we are planning to meet at Bru's Room Grill on bird road at 7pm.

8358 SW 40th st
Miami Fl 33155

This is mainly for an initial meet and greet of just a few of the guys that can make it. We are hoping to have something more official in the coming weeks.

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meet up update:

We had a great meet and greet, it was nice to put faces to online reef buds. We were a few given the short notice of the meet up and the hurricane preps everyone needs to get done.

We talked a little bit of everything but we achieve the first goal which it was to get going and meet each other. Our next goal is to find a more permanent spot and a convenient day to make the meetings an official thing so we can tackle topics each meeting.

If you have ideas on topics you want to discuss or feedback of today’s meeting please share it with us!

Happy Reefing and stay safe.

xiholdtruex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meet up update:

We had a great meet and greet, it was nice to put faces to online reef buds. We were a few given the short notice of the meet up and the hurricane preps everyone needs to get done.

We talked a little bit of everything but we achieve the first goal which it was to get going and meet each other. Our next goal is to find a more permanent spot and a convenient day to make the meetings an official thing so we can tackle topics each meeting.

If you have ideas on topics you want to discuss or feedback of today’s meeting please share it with us!

Happy Reefing and stay safe.

Very nice meet. Next meet a place quieter my throat is raspy from the talking louder lol. There are a ton of topics we can talk about with the group to get feed back from everyone here is a few.
Filter media who uses it and who does not a f our experiences with it.
Water changes how frequent or not at all.
To dip or not to dip corals.
Qurantine who does and does not.
Qurantine who uses it and who does not and experience with them
Refugium who uses and does not and experiences.

So on and ao fourth to name a few. For each topic we can explain how to properly use and implement it to get the beat results and keep our tanks going.

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice meet. Next meet a place quieter my throat is raspy from the talking louder lol. There are a ton of topics we can talk about with the group to get feed back from everyone here is a few.
Filter media who uses it and who does not a f our experiences with it.
Water changes how frequent or not at all.
To dip or not to dip corals.
Qurantine who does and does not.
Qurantine who uses it and who does not and experience with them
Refugium who uses and does not and experiences.

So on and ao fourth to name a few. For each topic we can explain how to properly use and implement it to get the beat results and keep our tanks going.
Absolutely agree on the quieter place! We were talking with @Ernie Crucet yesterday after we left that getting the permission from FIU would be great because since it’s in campus is quieter and there is coffee/beverages at hand. I think the ideal thing would be to have an official meeting day and location for the monthly meetups and then we can organize other activities.

I will add your topics to the list I’m making so we can start tackling them one by one!

xiholdtruex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely agree on the quieter place! We were talking with @Ernie Crucet yesterday after we left that getting the permission from FIU would be great because since it’s in campus is quieter and there is coffee/beverages at hand. I think the ideal thing would be to have an official meeting day and location for the monthly meetups and then we can organize other activities.

I will add your topics to the list I’m making so we can start tackling them one by one!

Coffee is a must even if we make coladas and bring them lol

I think we should have a thread also which has our tank setup and components on on post and a link to our build thread so people do not have to sift throught the 100s of pages on the build thread and if we need input from a certain person for a large tank we know who we can ask for a nano or pico or so on and so fourth.

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coffee is a must even if we make coladas and bring them lol

I think we should have a thread also which has our tank setup and components on on post and a link to our build thread so people do not have to sift throught the 100s of pages on the build thread and if we need input from a certain person for a large tank we know who we can ask for a nano or pico or so on and so fourth.
Do you have a build thread?

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go to your account details you can link your build thread and it’ll automatically give you a “build thread contributor” badge so anyone can click on it and go to your build thread
5402F06A-CBC4-408D-A207-96D81DEAE234.png

OP
OP
Ernie C

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never started a build thread as my tank has been up for a while. Does it make sense to just document all my equipment onto a build thread and just track changes etc.? I've been wanting to organize all my wires and controller stuff. Maybe i can focus the thread on that. I think i need help with it though. lol

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We used to rent a small room at Dave & Busters on the second level once a month for our Electric RC mini races, I think it is like 15’ x 10’ and it was fairly inexpensive... It was a while ago, but hey, how much could it be for a couple hours?...

We do have the LFS friend too no?

Campus or old people restaurant sounds good and quiet :D

Last edited:

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never started a build thread as my tank has been up for a while. Does it make sense to just document all my equipment onto a build thread and just track changes etc.? I've been wanting to organize all my wires and controller stuff. Maybe i can focus the thread on that. I think i need help with it though. lol
I would start a thread anyway!! Explaining how you do things and organizing the wires and what not!! I’m down to help get your stuff organized.

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We used to rent a small room at Dave & Busters on the second level once a month for our Electric RC mini races, I think it is like 15’ x 10’ and it was fairly inexpensive... It was a while ago, but hey, how much could it be for a couple hours?...

We do have the LFS friend too no?

Campus or old people restaurant sounds good and quiet :D
Anything quiet works hahaha

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never started a build thread as my tank has been up for a while. Does it make sense to just document all

Build threads are cool, lots of people visits them for reference on specific tanks and use of equipment etc; maybe is because we look at our reefs every day but is always nice to go back and see how much things change over the months.

Cabling and wiring is tedious, more so if you are OCD dominated (lol), I usually have everything on raceways, helps A LOT!!!.

D7702C23-954E-458D-A340-4AF48FC9C8E9.jpeg

xiholdtruex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend it to document all your improvements and such

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am Doral. and . Miami area bound.
how do I join you guys ???

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Pm me your phone number and name to add you to a WhatsApp ground that is where we are currently organizing everything.
PM sent

OP
OP
Ernie C

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am Doral. and . Miami area bound.
how do I join you guys ???
Hi. We normally chat on a what’s app group chat, we will be planning another meetup soon and It will be posted on here as soon as we have the details. Feel feee to Post on here as we also are active here on R2R.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back