30gal Teardown - Starter tank residents need new home - Manassas

Werwolfturtle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a thirty gallon tank that has been my trial run at reefing. I've learned a lot but I'm about to move across the country so I need to re-home some stuff if anyone local is interested.

I've got some live rock, one of which has two small frags attached, then a few other frags I didn't attach, knowing I was going to move.

I've got a 3'ish inch blue spot rabbitfish, six line wrasse, basic clown, black tail spot blenny. Basically I didn't bother retaining the names of things as this was a learning experience and I knew I had to tear it down eventually.

If someone in the area is interested in the manassas area let me know. Otherwise I'll just drop 'em off where I bought them (Blue Ribbon Koi) as a big thank you for helping me learn the hobby.

Ricksreeefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a thirty gallon tank that has been my trial run at reefing. I've learned a lot but I'm about to move across the country so I need to re-home some stuff if anyone local is interested.

I've got some live rock, one of which has two small frags attached, then a few other frags I didn't attach, knowing I was going to move.

I've got a 3'ish inch blue spot rabbitfish, six line wrasse, basic clown, black tail spot blenny. Basically I didn't bother retaining the names of things as this was a learning experience and I knew I had to tear it down eventually.

If someone in the area is interested in the manassas area let me know. Otherwise I'll just drop 'em off where I bought them (Blue Ribbon Koi) as a big thank you for helping me learn the hobby.
I might be interested do you have any photos of the fish or frags? :)

OP
OP
Werwolfturtle

Werwolfturtle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok np thanks!
I'd gotten to a point that I couldn't get the phosphates down enough despite doing half feeding and that was the point I gave up realizing I was going to move. So the tank is all full of algae again. If anyone wants the live rock I'll give it a good scrubbing before hand.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 63
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    196 KB · Views: 55
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 54
  • unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 60
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
Werwolfturtle

Werwolfturtle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd gotten to a point that I couldn't get the phosphates down enough despite doing half feeding and that was the point I gave up realizing I was going to move. So the tank is all full of algae again. If anyone wants the live rock I'll give it a good scrubbing before hand.
Again, I don't recall the names of my "trial corals" I bought learning to do this. I spent 10-60 for each. There's about 200$ in live rock in here that I need to part with as well as:
1 Blue Spot Rabbit fish (Bought at 90$) willing to part for $35
Percula Clown, Six spot wrasse, black tail spot blenny - make an offer.
Again, I'm just looking for someone who can give them a good new home if interested. I'm in the Manassas area. Otherwise I'll gift these back to the people I bought them from @ Blue Ribbon Koi because they're great folk.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 70 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back