32 bio cube Live rock with fish

Bio32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey there
wondering if anyone can identify this; its almost looks like coraline buts its growing in flakes off live rock.

Also...just noticed a few tiny green bubble algea; my water parameters are all good; nearly 0 phosphates ...get them out or leave em alone?

Thanks in advance

filter~ chemipure blue, purigen and filter pad

bio ~ 28lbs live rock

IMG_0454.jpg IMG_0455.jpg

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey there
wondering if anyone can identify this; its almost looks like coraline buts its growing in flakes off live rock.

Also...just noticed a few tiny green bubble algea; my water parameters are all good; nearly 0 phosphates ...get them out or leave em alone?

Thanks in advance

filter~ chemipure blue, purigen and filter pad

bio ~ 28lbs live rock

IMG_0454.jpg IMG_0455.jpg
It's a type of macroalgae. If you don't like it, go ahead and remove as much as you can. Some folks like macros & would keep a spot in the tank for it, me included. I'd remove the bubble algae though. If you can take the rock out of the tank, I'd remove it that way. It spreads easily.

OrangeCountyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s plating coraline algae. Also most all tanks get bubble algae at some point. It is best to physically remove it when you see a few pop up.

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s plating coraline algae. Also most all tanks get bubble algae at some point. It is best to physically remove it when you see a few pop up.
+1 it definitely looks like it, I've only ever seen it one other time and it is really cool.

Send me a piece @op lol

OP
OP
Bio32

Bio32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a type of macroalgae. If you don't like it, go ahead and remove as much as you can. Some folks like macros & would keep a spot in the tank for it, me included. I'd remove the bubble algae though. If you can take the rock out of the tank, I'd remove it that way. It spreads easily.
thnx much!...prefer not to remove rock as its a base piece of wall; I just did water change and scraped and sucked off few small green bubbles.

I also have 2 areas with small patches of red algae...not slimy more hair like ....stubborn to scrape off; thoughts on that?

OP
OP
Bio32

Bio32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 it definitely looks like it, I've only ever seen it one other time and it is really cool.

Send me a piece @op lol
thnx much!...prefer not to remove rock as its a base piece of wall; I just did water change and scraped and sucked off few small green bubbles.

I also have 2 areas with small patches of red algae...not slimy more hair like ....stubborn to scrape off; thoughts on that?

Back