OP
Themastaa

Themastaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC shipment arrived this morning. Corals are opening all ready and look
Very healthy. But I’m not going to lie I am very disappointed with this purchase it said on the website there was 5-6 polyps on the AOI frag and there is only 2. I would not have spent 150 on 2 polyps. And the color is very dull. I know it’s white lights and they have just been on a plane but I’m still very disappointed. And the water was way to hot for corals in the bags at least 80-90 degrees. I’m no expert but IMO it would have been better to ship without a heat pack. Even on my packi go slip it shows the frag with 5 polyps
39E5F1BC-7430-4CFE-8422-41E4F2BFC4D2.jpeg
512D4F53-A64E-4175-9CF1-6D6413F2EC0F.jpeg

OP
OP
Themastaa

Themastaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I called them, they had me send a picture via email. And the rastas I know were expensive but can’t find them locally and they are one of my favorites and needed the extra money for free shipping lol

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many polyps per frag is unacceptable and false advertising for sure.

The color however may need time to “color up”. I had some shipped to me and they took a good 3 weeks to really start coloring up.

Brady4000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
edit: (removed sentence) I said what you said due to me miss reading lol.

Glad they lived though! That’s a win. Hope they compensate you for the mishap of giving you less coral than you paid for.

OP
OP
Themastaa

Themastaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Kessil A80 blue w gooseneck clamp. Also a tunze nano ato. Looking forward to it arriving on Tuesday. Did a 4 gallon water change this morning. Switched salt to Red Sea Coral Pro. Calcium 450, mag 1300, alk 9, salt 1.025 p.h 8.0. My tank water looks super clear, I’m guessing it’s the new salt? I’m also thinking about getting the upgraded media basket, and the fuge basket for chamber 2. Here is a picture ( I love how they swim together)
AC141B69-73E2-4E0B-80B6-968046488FDA.jpeg

Brady4000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got both InTank setups I LOVE them. Not sure if your running a corallife skimmer. If I remember right your not. But they don’t work with the setup. The micro bubbles will fill the DT. I emailed corallife, and they said it’s a known issue. They said they didn’t make it for the InTank setup, it was made for the stock Biocube.

Just FYI

midgetracer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Kessil A80 blue w gooseneck clamp. Also a tunze nano ato. Looking forward to it arriving on Tuesday. Did a 4 gallon water change this morning. Switched salt to Red Sea Coral Pro. Calcium 450, mag 1300, alk 9, salt 1.025 p.h 8.0. My tank water looks super clear, I’m guessing it’s the new salt? I’m also thinking about getting the upgraded media basket, and the fuge basket for chamber 2. Here is a picture ( I love how they swim together)
AC141B69-73E2-4E0B-80B6-968046488FDA.jpeg
That’s cool I put the same ATO in my tank yesterday it’s nice and small I also have the intank basket in mine with Chemi-pure blueand I purchased the filter floss from in tank also works good together ! I did my water change also today 5 gallons then sat down and started writing some notes for the build thread been putting that off

Brady4000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s cool I put the same ATO in my tank yesterday it’s nice and small I also have the intank basket in mine with Chemi-pure blueand I purchased the filter floss from in tank also works good together ! I did my water change also today 5 gallons then sat down and started writing some notes for the build thread been putting that off
Wwwhhhaaattt another Biocube.! And no build thread!?

midgetracer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wwwhhhaaattt another Biocube.! And no build thread!?
Yeah I started my tank up again after sitting for 10 years a few months ago with the same live rock that I had in it the first time I just kept adding rodi water to it ! Took the live rock out washed it then kept doing water changes until I got my # good and restarted the tank I seeded the rock with pieces from the LFS!!

OP
OP
Themastaa

Themastaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got both InTank setups I LOVE them. Not sure if your running a corallife skimmer. If I remember right your not. But they don’t work with the setup. The micro bubbles will fill the DT. I emailed corallife, and they said it’s a known issue. They said they didn’t make it for the InTank setup, it was made for the stock Biocube.

Just FYI
Ah yeah I am running the coralife skimmer. So I would also need a new skimmer if I went that route

Brady4000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah yeah I am running the coralife skimmer. So I would also need a new skimmer if I went that route
Yea.... hopefully it works for you. But you might end up tossing it. I literally gave it away for free, it was unusable, like bad bad micro bubbles. Looked like I filled my tank full of soda lol.

I now run my tank with no skimmer, but now it has a refug, which is benefiting me more.

midgetracer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using a tunze 9001 skimmer with the intanke media basket I purchased both of them from the in tank website However I have an oceanic bio cube 29 it’s the first generation of the bio cube series CoreLife purchase the company and change a lot of things around however intank Makes media basket and all kinds of small stuff and they sell all nano products for the all in one tank !

midgetracer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the email so you know I am not blowing smoke.
O wow I haven’t come across that yet did they specify in any previous articles if that’s for older or newer bio cubes it would be interesting to know I have some small bubbles on my rock but I don’t see any coming out of the return into the tank

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back