32 g coralife biocube rimless mod

Runnin'Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a rimless coralife biocube off fb marketplace for $250 with wave makers, sand, bucket of instant ocean reef salt, dry rock, digital thermometer, heater, upgraded pump, intank filtration upgrade, digital gravitometer, viparspectra 165 w light, and water testing kit. Probably the most ridiculous deal that I will ever get in this hobby. The buy said it was around $1,100 investment on his side, but he had a kid and needed to get rid of it. Parents got it for me for my bday. Trying to do a budget-ish tank right now to save money as a recent college grad.

Here's my set up during cycling. *see photo at bottom*

I'm going to do updates as I add livestock. I currently have a little zoa frag in the tank, and I am getting some clownfish and a few other surprise fish with them from a company that a friend is ordering for me. Any big advice for a nano cube starting out. Currently wondering if an expensive custom acrylic lid is worth it to limit evaporation. Let me know if anyone would suggest it! Hoping to get a BTA for my clowns and either a pistol/goby pair or a yellow headed jawfish to add some character to the tank. Gonna take it slow and add overtime, and we'll see what happens!

Follow along with me and feel free to give advice as I go!
tank.png

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a rimless coralife biocube off fb marketplace for $250 with wave makers, sand, bucket of instant ocean reef salt, dry rock, digital thermometer, heater, upgraded pump, intank filtration upgrade, digital gravitometer, viparspectra 165 w light, and water testing kit. Probably the most ridiculous deal that I will ever get in this hobby. The buy said it was around $1,100 investment on his side, but he had a kid and needed to get rid of it. Parents got it for me for my bday. Trying to do a budget-ish tank right now to save money as a recent college grad.

Here's my set up during cycling. *see photo at bottom*

I'm going to do updates as I add livestock. I currently have a little zoa frag in the tank, and I am getting some clownfish and a few other surprise fish with them from a company that a friend is ordering for me. Any big advice for a nano cube starting out. Currently wondering if an expensive custom acrylic lid is worth it to limit evaporation. Let me know if anyone would suggest it! Hoping to get a BTA for my clowns and either a pistol/goby pair or a yellow headed jawfish to add some character to the tank. Gonna take it slow and add overtime, and we'll see what happens!

Follow along with me and feel free to give advice as I go!
tank.png
Id check out making your own DIY screen lid. You can get almost everything you would need from home depot or other hardware stores. With material and stuff you could make one for around $20

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 71 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 7.8%
Back