32 gallon Bio Cube salt creep or possible leak

PacoPetty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32 gallon bio cube that is five months old. In the bottom rear right corner I have been having a lot of salt creep in the past couple of weeks. I was just wondering if this is normal or if it is possibly a leak. I have a salt creep around the lid all the time so I am used to that. The salt creep is more extensive than the picture shows.

CBE826AD-7051-4AE0-B37A-721B67F67F21.jpeg

JustDewwit

One frag at a time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be from opening the lid and the condensation with salt running down side. Hard to tell. Is there any moisture along bottom or just salt?

OP
OP
PacoPetty

PacoPetty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be from opening the lid and the condensation with salt running down side. Hard to tell. Is there any moisture along bottom or just salt?
I cannot see any moisture. It makes sense that it could be from opening the lid. Thank you!

JustDewwit

One frag at a time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a lid , but your post made me go take a quick look at my biocube. I keep a towel along edge to catch any saltwater just in case and I do have salt on side.

20200713_170133.jpg

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love Biocubes/Nanocubes for their form factor, price, and ease of transport. Only thing I hated was being forced to clean the glass at that curved spot where the side panels meet the front panel as none of my magnetic cleaners would really get a good bite against coraline algae there. Suffice to say, if that's the biggest problem with the tank... ;)

JustDewwit

One frag at a time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scrolling through the forums I always read of the complexity of Biocubes/nanos :rolleyes: "If something goes wrong it happens fast in a biocube.”
Yes, that is true but I always say these tanks will have you ready for the major league tanks in the future.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love Biocubes/Nanocubes for their form factor, price, and ease of transport. Only thing I hated was being forced to clean the glass at that curved spot where the side panels meet the front panel as none of my magnetic cleaners would really get a good bite against coraline algae there. Suffice to say, if that's the biggest problem with the tank... ;)
Magic eraser makes those curved corners easy

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magic eraser makes those curved corners easy
That's exactly what I used :)Works like a dream. Maybe I should clarify- what I really should say is curved glass can be a strain on the relationship if you are housing a bloodthirsty piranha proud female clown. I eventually submitted to her whims and moved the clowns and the nem into a cube where the magic of right angles allowed us to have a fruitful and healthy relationship.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%

Back