32 gallon Biocube thread post pics of your or questions on it!

stephydawn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side view.

Attachments

• 9AF0DB64-DE29-412C-BFC2-98E71D82A2C0.jpeg
    9AF0DB64-DE29-412C-BFC2-98E71D82A2C0.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 46

Vinnie1959

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to started a thread of people with 32 gallon biocubes! And also to ask questions and learn from everyone. But was wondering how much of a water change and how often has everyone been doing it. I try to do 4 gallons every week and at the latest every 2 weeks. And what’s everyone’s clean up crew I have 4 snails and 4 hermits so far.

F443DE82-A394-4F22-8F5F-32069890CA2F.jpeg
I've had mine running for a month. Used live sand, Nutrisea water and Caribsea life rock. Added seed and cycled nicely. Added two clowns, a scooter Blenny, CUC, Cleaner Shrimp and a few frags/

SteveMac84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is ours. We got it used and stocked with fish, GSP, two leather corals, inverts and a bad GHA problem. Seems like the previous owner did little to no maintenance. We have been spending a little over a month doing lots of water changes and maintenance to try to get rid of the GHA and stabilize the parameters. Once I feel confident we have tackled that, I’d like to start adding some easy soft corals.
What coral is that ?. Beautiful

SteveMac84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have a biocube, I have a 28g Nanocube, but it’s pretty much the same thing.

I currently do a five gallon water change weekly (works out to around 25%).

My CuC is probably (I started small and have added to it and had a couple deaths, so I’m estimating) 20 various snails, 10 hermits, and a fighting conch (also some stomatellas, spaghetti worms, asterinas, mini brittle stars, etc).

I currently dose 2 part, kalk saturated vinegar, neophos, and RedSea AB+.

I have six fish, a sixline, a Tailspot Blenny, a pink bar goby, a banggai Cardinal, and two firefish. h, and a coral banded shrimp.

I have taken the lid off and am running a Noopsyche V3 K7 140w (was previously using an AI Prime 16hd). I have a glass lid to keep evaporation down. I have an Aquamaxx NF-1 skimmer in the back, along with some filter floss that I change every couple days, some carbon, and some purigen. And then a Jebao SLW 10 and a generic little powerhead behind the rock work to keep detritus from settling back there. Also have randomizers on the dual returns (that have alternating back and forth every 20 seconds).

Around 30lbs of rock, 3/4 Caribsea life rock, 1/4 maricultured live rock. I hate the caribsea rock, and won’t be using any dry rock in the future.

And then probably 50 different corals, mostly LPS, zoas, leathers, a few mushrooms, some other random softies, a few SPS, and a few types of anemones.

C49614AB-4520-4317-A8C3-E995EFE55343.jpeg
Amazing

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What coral is that ?. Beautiful
The one on top is just a GSP. It’s super easy and will grow everywhere if you let it. The previous owner of my tank placed it on the very top of the Aquascape. I’m not crazy about that since it’s premium spot I’d like to put other LSP Corals once I begin that process and the GSP will grow anywhere. I’ve been working out a new aquascape in my head to try to get that gsp lower and clear up some real estate for future corals. I’m also trying to brainstorm management of the GSP spread since it was placed on a huge rock instead of its own island. I’ve tried pulling it off the rock, but it’s pretty tedious. The only other option is scrubbing it off the parts I don’t want it but I’ll have to remove the whole rock to do that. :oops:

SteveMac84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one on top is just a GSP. It’s super easy and will grow everywhere if you let it. The previous owner of my tank placed it on the very top of the Aquascape. I’m not crazy about that since it’s premium spot I’d like to put other LSP Corals once I begin that process and the GSP will grow anywhere. I’ve been working out a new aquascape in my head to try to get that gsp lower and clear up some real estate for future corals. I’m also trying to brainstorm management of the GSP spread since it was placed on a huge rock instead of its own island. I’ve tried pulling it off the rock, but it’s pretty tedious. The only other option is scrubbing it off the parts I don’t want it but I’ll have to remove the whole rock to do that. :oops:
Thank you. I’ve got mine at the base in the sand by itself. Hoping that works out ok. Good luck with the adventure.

stephydawn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stupid cyno won’t go away. And critters that help?

Attachments

• EBC703E9-0523-4D6F-BFC7-1051BFDFDB2E.jpeg
    EBC703E9-0523-4D6F-BFC7-1051BFDFDB2E.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 44
  • 4C9C39E0-E611-4B8D-8B24-44A9A75D8ABD.jpeg
    4C9C39E0-E611-4B8D-8B24-44A9A75D8ABD.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
xtravism

xtravism

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started to get some red slime. I did a water change last weekend and sucked as much as I could out. I scraped some more out with the net Wednesday, and Then did about a gallon water change and sucked out some more today. I think it’s helping. My tests have been good. I cut back on feeding and went back to frozen brine only, from the flake. Hopefully that helps. I added a mushroom and Duncan today. I had a hard time with the mushroom, the rock it was on cracked and I had a hard time trying to glue it. I should have just put it on the bottom somewhere. I’m not good at glueing coral yet. I also knocked the hammer off if the process of cleaning and had to re-glue it. I love/hate the dead coral rock on top because I don’t know what to put on it. Any suggestions?

D1CE771B-B67C-49CE-968D-F50B9FE72A64.jpeg
Put something that will encrust over it.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey biocubers..
I really don’t like my coral life v2 skimmer. Currently I have that In Chamber 1. Stock media tray with intank filter floss, chemipure elite and marine pure balls below that in chamber 2. I’m thinking about planning a rework.
1.Ive seen where you can do the intank media basket in chamber two along side a tunze skimmer. Does anyone run that current set up? Have thoughts on that skimmer?
2. Could I then grow cheato in chamber 1?
would that be overkill?

OP
OP
xtravism

xtravism

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey biocubers..
I really don’t like my coral life v2 skimmer. Currently I have that In Chamber 1. Stock media tray with intank filter floss, chemipure elite and marine pure balls below that in chamber 2. I’m thinking about planning a rework.
1.Ive seen where you can do the intank media basket in chamber two along side a tunze skimmer. Does anyone run that current set up? Have thoughts on that skimmer?
2. Could I then grow cheato in chamber 1?
would that be overkill?
I don’t even use a skimmer but if I do ever decide to use mine I wanna say you can put in chamber 3 if you do an intank media basket. I have my heater in 1 and then just barely any room to put the skimmer in there now. And then I run a uv sterilizer in 3. But the v2 one is good as long as you get it set at the right water level.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back