32000 Liter or 8500 gal concrete tank of Corals and (rare) Angels

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No fun to talk about.

Few problems. The day after the delivery of the concrete tank the building burns down. In this moment we are looking for the decision if this building will rebuild on the old place or 90km away in an other area.

I pimp up my old tank in this moment. Change pipe work and return pumps. Big coral colonies frag because inside they die. Think about changing rockwork an flow pumps. But first I need to know what happens to the office building.

IMG-20200722-WA0012.jpg

oh no! man so sorry to hear. I hope you bounce back after this. I very interested in your build and concrete tank in general.

best of luck good sir.

OP
OP
A

Achilles Torben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish in Quarantäne (TTM)
2 x Apolemichthys kingi
5 x Pomacentrus vatosoa
1 x Chaetodon mitratus
2 x Black storm ocellaris
16 x Pomacentrus alleni
1 x Cirrhilabrus naokoae

Pomacentrus vatosoa seems to be very beautiful. They are very rare in Europe and discovered in 2019. I love white fish like Apolemichthys arcuatus (Bandit) Genicanthus personatus, Hemitaurichthys polylepis etc because they shine in all tanks and are eye catchers.

Pomacentrus alleni are very colourful. The shine bright blue in the white tanks.

PP-VAT-018272_1.jpg 58725_5d2f4df1a8b69.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Achilles Torben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are beautiful. Happy to learn you are at it again. Was afraid we may loose you!
No never ;)
I have my 5500 Liter tank, my coral nursery and 2 more small quarantine tanks to look for. 9500 liter total.

In this moment it is not safe if we pull down the whole fire damaged building or we safe parts of the building. So this way is not clear. But I think about 2 tanks. At home the 5500 Liter tank reefsafe in the future and the 32000 Liter office tank with corals and Angels and not Reefsafe fish. First I want to break down my home tank but now I think about the other way. I have not ask my women in this moment ;)

Normally I like the Amphiprion percula at most and I am not a fan of designer clowns. But black storm ocellaris looks so crazy like a panda. I think in the future we get clowns looking like orcas, too.

Last edited:

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No never ;)
I have my 5500 Liter tank, my coral nursery and 2 more small quarantine tanks to look for. 9500 liter total.

In this moment it is not safe if we pull down the whole fire damaged building or we safe parts of the building. So this way is not clear. But I think about 2 tanks. At home the 5500 Liter tank reefsafe in the future and the 32000 Liter office tank with corals and Angels and not Reefsafe fish. First I want to break down my home tank but now I think about the other way. I have not ask my women in this moment ;)

Normally I like the Amphiprion percula at most and I am not a fan of designer clowns. But black storm ocellaris looks so crazy like a panda. I think in the future we get clowns looking like orcas, too.
It’s amazing to see what you can pull off. Canada is so close to the US, yet we seem to be much more limited. Getting a Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL (I think you call that a nano tank?) out of Texas seemed about as much as I could do, No copper or Antibiotics that are readily available here and significant less availability of fish or coral. Yet it’s such a wonderful hobby. I don’t think I will ever be able to get it to the next level. Pairing, breeding and such. Do you get your supplies out of Holland or how does this work nowadays? I would not know any longer. Left with my wife in 99. Courtesy of Seehofer back then, and absolutely fell in love with Canada. Now 2 kids later.
Anyways best of luck working on the idea that your wife would think it was her idea all along!

OP
OP
A

Achilles Torben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s amazing to see what you can pull off. Canada is so close to the US, yet we seem to be much more limited. Getting a Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL (I think you call that a nano tank?) out of Texas seemed about as much as I could do, No copper or Antibiotics that are readily available here and significant less availability of fish or coral. Yet it’s such a wonderful hobby. I don’t think I will ever be able to get it to the next level. Pairing, breeding and such. Do you get your supplies out of Holland or how does this work nowadays? I would not know any longer. Left with my wife in 99. Courtesy of Seehofer back then, and absolutely fell in love with Canada. Now 2 kids later.
Anyways best of luck working on the idea that your wife would think it was her idea all along!
You are funny I think it is inpossible to let my wife think it was her idea.

I bought my fish at Dejong Marine Life. The biggest wholesaler in Europe. In Europe we say the rarest corals and fish first went to the US market and the rest go to Europe. But I think the rarest fish first go to Asia. Dejong sold Chaetodontoplus conspicillatus tank breed from poma labs about 8 pieces the last years. The people who spent so much money in Europe are less common then the rare fish :)

I love Canada and I thought to emigrate there. In Germany are to many people in a small area. To many political parties from right and from left side. The middle get lost. I have the feeling that the population is about to split. The history repeats itself. There is populism. Be happy that you say good by Seehofer.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back