OP
A

Achilles Torben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello@all

concret ceiling for the first floor will finished next week. Also the concret walls for the tank arrived next week. Hope to finish the second floor in the next 14 days. So I think I get wet until October.

Here are the plans for the tank walls

Betonwände.PNG

I think about a frame for lighting under the ceiling that can move to the side to work at the lights without jump into the tank. Can someone recommend something to me? The frame should move to the "North" in the picture because there is the Tank room. It named "Abstellen" in the plan but this is the wrong designation. So the frame should not bigger than 2.58 meter from "North to South"
Aquarium.PNG

I have plans for coat the walls may be the whole room by rino linings. It is safe for saltwater? What happens if the concrete should tear?

Would you roud off the four corners for better flow?

Ecken.PNG

Greetings Torben

OP
OP
A

Achilles Torben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Torben,

wow looking forward to this build! I followed your tank build on another forum and it was amazing!

I am currently using the EpoReef from Norbert in a 900 l tank and I really like it ;). I am curious how it looks like in such a big tank :)

Greetings grom Germany.

Fabian

Hi Fabian

sorry for late reply. i missed your massage!
Thanks for the flowers for my old tank.

I use Norbert´s EpoReef since the beginning in 2 quratine tanks and it is amazing. The new colours are fantastic. I will visit "Nobbes" the next week and take a look at his work. Norbert testet new modules in this moment and my be we are able to intigrate them in the new tank.

Give me a Link of your tank but I think i seen pictuers before.

Greetings back to Germany
Torben

OP
OP
A

Achilles Torben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a 1:1 model of the tank which i build up of wood and plastic at my Rock worker Norbert Dammers (Epo Reef)
for doing the rockwork. So the Rockwork will be finish before the tank is ready to get wet and we can test different build ups.

IMG-20200304-WA0006_autoscaled.jpg
IMG-20200304-WA0020.jpg
IMG-20200304-WA0021_autoscaled.jpg
20200225_140555_autoscaled.jpg

The last picture is Norbert in the tank model to show the dimensions. In front the Eporeef.

And here a link of Norbert

Last edited:

dzfish17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wie gehts...I'm German but thats about all the German I know... Lol. Very interesting and cool build, I'll be following along.

Meerwasser Fan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Torben,

very impressed with your build! Really looking forward to see the progress :)

Here is the build to my current tank:

BR

Fabian

Torben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Torben,
for the internal coating I would use Line-X Poly-urea.
It has a drinking water certificate and stays permanent flexible.
We have done tanks and pools with it so certainly suitable.
It dries in about 5 seconds but needs a high pressure, high temperature machine to apply.
Cheers,
Torben

OP
OP
A

Achilles Torben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Torben,

very impressed with your build! Really looking forward to see the progress :)

Here is the build to my current tank:

BR

Fabian

Hi Fabian

of course I know your tank!!! Thanks for your link!

OP
OP
A

Achilles Torben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No fun to talk about.

Few problems. The day after the delivery of the concrete tank the building burns down. In this moment we are looking for the decision if this building will rebuild on the old place or 90km away in an other area.

I pimp up my old tank in this moment. Change pipe work and return pumps. Big coral colonies frag because inside they die. Think about changing rockwork an flow pumps. But first I need to know what happens to the office building.

IMG-20200722-WA0012.jpg

New Jersey REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No fun to talk about.

Few problems. The day after the delivery of the concrete tank the building burns down. In this moment we are looking for the decision if this building will rebuild on the old place or 90km away in an other area.

I pimp up my old tank in this moment. Change pipe work and return pumps. Big coral colonies frag because inside they die. Think about changing rockwork an flow pumps. But first I need to know what happens to the office building.

IMG-20200722-WA0012.jpg
Ouch!
Man that sucks! On the flip side, no loss of live stock right?

looking forward to seeing future project hopefully soon

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No fun to talk about.

IMG-20200722-WA0012.jpg
Das ist sehr schade.

if you reboot- consider Xypex Waterproofing- best Kris

Back