32G Biocube lighting schedule change+ more blue

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello, I would like to get peoples input on what I should change my biocube lighting schedule too.

I would like to add more blue light into the schedule. I don't really like running so much white light all the time. Only schedules i can find are people running with nothing but high % of white light.

Anyone here running a schedule with more of the only blue lighting or can i just change the lighting to less white?

I mainly have LPS corals/ anemones in my tank.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem you may run into is that your light fixture isn't powerful enough. If you reduce the white light, your PAR levels fall and coral's zooxanthellae don't get enough to do photosynthesis.

What kind of blue and white power levels are you running?

I use a different fixture, but I run 80% blue and 30% white. But I have a PAR meter and I know I have good PAR. I'd be worried that if you ran those kinds of power levels your PAR would be too low.

kzitzman1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to ask the same question you did about the ideal lighting schedule for a 32 gal Coralife Biocube. We are about to start adding in corals and anemone and wanted to get some expert opinions on what has worked for people with the LED light on the biocube 32 gal set up.

I did find this post online and will share it as a schedule someone used that he said worked well for his corals:

I believe that you will want the blue channel to overlap the white channel because it'll boost the PAR output of the lights. I've set up my lighting schedule to run as follows:

Lighting Schedule:

LC1 (Daylights): 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
LC2 (Sunrise / Sunset): 10:30 am to 7:00 pm
LC3 (Moon Lights): 7:00 am to Midnight

This gives me 8 hours of main lights which will help with algae on a new tank. The sunrise will start 30 min before the main lights come on and sunset will run for 30 min after the main lights go off. Blue lights will run early in the morning and late at night for viewing. All lights out from 12:30 am until 7 am.”

We have been running our tank at that schedule and it seems ok but I’m curious if others agree or feel the LC1 daylight lights are too long?

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my schedule. Haven’t had any complaints on my coral or fish. I run a Kessil A160WE on a 30 JBJ nanotank.
Yellow line is the intensity
Blue line is the blue ramp up to whites ramp down to blue. It’s about a hour in the morning and a hour at night in blues

2ED3E4A3-D3A0-4F41-B8DB-6335A102B980.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back