32G biocube skimmer question

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Tunze 9001 in my second chamber and I absolutely hate it. When the water is turned off it instantly floods. I’m thinking about selling it and getting a skimmer to replace it and fits in the first chamber. I will also be putting a refugium next to my in tank media basket in chamber two. I only have the BRS heater in chamber one now. What are my options as far as what will fit and work for this size tank?

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Search “will it fit” on brs. They do a ton of different aio and equipment trials.

evelio118

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often are your water changes? In my experience a 10% weekly water change will help maintain low nutrients in a tank that size. A skimmer is an added cost and will contribute to more heat in the tank.

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often are your water changes? In my experience a 10% weekly water change will help maintain low nutrients in a tank that size. A skimmer is an added cost and will contribute to more heat in the tank.
Weekly 10%. I domy have any issues with heat so far.

ReeferWarrant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the Coralife Skimmer, the non air pump variety. It's not top of the line but definitely pulls gunk out of the tank for my BioCube. I bought it for $40 on amazon if I remember right.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 56 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back