OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s too bad. I am in Calgary so lots of choices including Concept. Good luck with your move.
I’m in Calgary as well, concept didn’t build the tank, so they won’t install it. Picses would charge an arm and leg as well. I can rent suction cups from concept, which I already plan on doing, it’s going to be a lot of work, but it’s do able

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there was a maintenance guy named Nate who is also a local supplier for many of the stores. He does setups but don’t know his coats. Would have to search Canreef to find again. Not sure if you heard of him?

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So boredom got the best of me last night at work, seen a LFS in Ontario had my dream fish, a sohal tang, for a super good price compared to what I’ve previously seen. Well, looks like I have a sohal tang coming. Will spend the next month or so in the current tank, until the basements finished and I can set up my 75 gallon quarantine tank and separate my fish, then they will spend another 2-3 weeks in quarantine.

By the time quarantine is finished, I hope to have water in the new tank, with having 100 lbs of 5 year old rock in the sump, it should be a quick cycle.

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the tiniest tang I’ve ever seen! He’s 1 inch long, maybe 1.5 inches at most. The “bigger” tang is my lavender tang, who hasn’t grown what so ever since I got him.

EAC42C55-9634-4671-990E-5C552CAC5BFA.jpeg

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
before my wife and i bought this house, i told her we must have a room big enough for a pool table. we bought the house. we have a nice size living room that no one really uses. it can fit a regulation, 9ft table. wife reneged on deal.. but she has agreed to let me get back into reefing. guess its better than nothing. awesome room!

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. You must be very excited but also relieved to have it done. I hope you did not have any losses during the move.
Tanks still at the old house , we just moved a majority of our stuff over to the new house while I had a week off. I’m back in camp now, so I tried making it easier on my with with the 3 kids ! In 2 weeks I’ll be moving my current tank. I don’t expect any losses, since I sold off all my coral a while ago.

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
before my wife and i bought this house, i told her we must have a room big enough for a pool table. we bought the house. we have a nice size living room that no one really uses. it can fit a regulation, 9ft table. wife reneged on deal.. but she has agreed to let me get back into reefing. guess its better than nothing. awesome room!
When we finish the basement, there’s enough room for a “movie” section, pool table and the fish room haha, my wife said “when we buy a house you can have the biggest tank that will fit” , so I did it

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dangit,,, whys this thread gotta be so new hahaha I wanna see the finished result
Haha! Trust me, I want to see the finish result as well! Tank should be shipping on the 23rd of this month. My sump, well I can’t get in touch with the builder, so may be looking for another option.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully I don’t tank Aslong as some one I know! Lol framing and electrical should be done by the end of the month.

Not exactly sure who you are referring to but they sound like a real slacker. :oops::rolleyes:

Haha! Trust me, I want to see the finish result as well! Tank should be shipping on the 23rd of this month. My sump, well I can’t get in touch with the builder, so may be looking for another option.

Who's the builder? And don't rush things, take your time and think of everything you can now so you can lay everything out and not make any rushed decisions you might regret later

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back