OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, came across this thread, and now I’ve been thinking about my return pump. I currently have a cor20, and my return plumbing on this build will be 1inch roughly 3ft vertical and 12 ft horizontal with 4 90s. No reactors will be ran on this pump. My goal is roughly 3-5x turn over.

my thoughts are to buy a cor15 to run the manifold, and frag tank. But if I upgrade the main pump, I’d keep the cor20 for the manifold and frag.

this is driving me crazy Lol. If I upgrade, what GPH should I be aiming for on the pump?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,if controllable the bigger the better ;)

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well im excited! Tank is complete and on its way!

18F08396-031F-4464-AB7E-89E2B9ED7FAB.jpeg FC6329E0-7A94-4969-A9AD-F6B3F1ED2F1D.jpeg AC78F869-98A9-48CC-A13A-532C18770334.jpeg 36C750C3-13A6-451D-A705-54A13ABCA751.jpeg 072D9543-E594-4AF7-9DD2-5BD28E731742.jpeg

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the move is “done” making water to fill up the old tank the rest of the way.

my new tank is sitting at the freight depot as well. Just trying to track down my friends who offered to help before going to get it. purchased a 2000lb ATV winch to move the tank down the stairs. And going to be building the stand for it tonight

6D87AC7C-23F7-4170-A341-289EC5D2CA25.jpeg

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys, kind of an update for you all.
I’ve hit a major road block, and my depression is creeping back. It’s been a rough year for every one, and this time of year isn’t always the easiest for me. The over whelming feeling of having so much to do at home and little time, has pretty much put a pause on this new build. There probably won’t be an update for a while as I fight with finishing the basement, which is a huge head ache as well ( no idea what the builder was thinking when they built this house ). Also it seems to be impossible to get help moving the tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inthink the biggest thing for me is all the let downs I’ve had since he house started. Parts of it are still unpainted, and my help has vanished. I shouldn’t say the build is paused or on hold, it will just move at a slower pace while I do things on my own.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inthink the biggest thing for me is all the let downs I’ve had since he house started. Parts of it are still unpainted, and my help has vanished. I shouldn’t say the build is paused or on hold, it will just move at a slower pace while I do things on my own.

Welcome to my world man, Too many projects to count never enough time in the world to complete them all. I've got a half finished dining room, back wall, nursery, laundry room, sump room, mechanical room..... the list goes on and on and on and on.

Oh and don't get me started on the HORRIBLE construction on these homes here in Calgary. NEVER in my life have I seen such cheap, garbage construction. It makes me sick.

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feel your pain my man. I had to redo the room where mine sits, completely tore out the floors, painted the walls, and ran electrical. Not to mention buying all the required pieces that come with having a piece of the ocean in your house.

The time will come when you look back and all the stuff that is slow now, will all be worth it. Nothing good happens fast in this hobby, and that is the build as well.

For my 375 it took 5 total people. I employed the use of a quick jack (portable car lift) and a hydraulic table from Harbor Freight. But even with these items it was still required to have the 5 people, and that is a minimum. If I was closer to you I would help you for sure.

Dont get discouraged tho, it will all be worth it when your sitting back looking at what YOU created!

Mike

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to my world man, Too many projects to count never enough time in the world to complete them all. I've got a half finished dining room, back wall, nursery, laundry room, sump room, mechanical room..... the list goes on and on and on and on.

Oh and don't get me started on the HORRIBLE construction on these homes here in Calgary. NEVER in my life have I seen such cheap, garbage construction. It makes me sick.
You should see my basement. The thought process the guys had when putting in the mechanical... it makes the basement nearly useless. Furnace is right in the middle, the hot water tank is 6 ft away from it , then the electrical panel is atleast 5 ft away from that. Plus all the ducting is just hanging down. Just a weird lay out.

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel your pain my man. I had to redo the room where mine sits, completely tore out the floors, painted the walls, and ran electrical. Not to mention buying all the required pieces that come with having a piece of the ocean in your house.

The time will come when you look back and all the stuff that is slow now, will all be worth it. Nothing good happens fast in this hobby, and that is the build as well.

For my 375 it took 5 total people. I employed the use of a quick jack (portable car lift) and a hydraulic table from Harbor Freight. But even with these items it was still required to have the 5 people, and that is a minimum. If I was closer to you I would help you for sure.

Dont get discouraged tho, it will all be worth it when your sitting back looking at what YOU created!

Mike
Hopefully that’s the case! One way or another it’s going into the basement next week when I’m home. The garage will be getting to cold to keep it out there over the winter, I currently have a space heater in there but, with the weather we get, I don’t want it out all winter.

Luckily the tank was the last piece of the puzzle to buy, I have everything else :)

Back