OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the lack of updates, not much has changed. BRS was having their spring clearance sale and I decided it was time for the Tequila bottles to go. Got all three of these trigger systems crystal 2.5 for $76. Normally they are that much a piece so I jumped on it.

B4E643C9-8167-4390-B875-A2ADE16BC620.jpeg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the lack of updates, not much has changed. BRS was having their spring clearance sale and I decided it was time for the Tequila bottles to go. Got all three of these trigger systems crystal 2.5 for $76. Normally they are that much a piece so I jumped on it.

B4E643C9-8167-4390-B875-A2ADE16BC620.jpeg

I was watching BRS and they had an open box triple stack that was 2500ml vessels. Red tubing... I forget.. maybe coral box or something. Was like 80 bucks.

Anywho... nice snag... they are purrrrdy

Last edited:
OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So on my last day of work, I received a $50 gift card to live aquaria from one of my employees. I wanted to order something today so I could show her what I got. So thanks to her I have these guys on the way. I've read they can pick on some the little inverts but most of my snails and hermits are big enough I don't think it will be a problem.

Capture.PNG

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pair! They can be jumpers, i lost the male of my pair to the floor so be cognizant of that. Oddly my female thinks she's tough and likes to go toe to toe with the big fish in my tank :)
Thanks, the gift card was a good excuse to order some new fish. I have a screen top, I had to secure the tank when I got my eel. So that shouldn't be a problem. Although I did loose one clown to jumping with the screen top on, he slipped through a crack.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey sorry guys, been covered up with the new job. Tank is doing good and the new residence are doing great. I didn't see the little female for about the first three days but she has been out more now. The male never really ever had a shy moment, he is up front and center most of the day. They are eating good as long as it's frozen mysis. I'd like them to start excepting pellets at some point, but for now they are not ok with them. Hows everybody been?

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey sorry guys, been covered up with the new job. Tank is doing good and the new residence are doing great. I didn't see the little female for about the first three days but she has been out more now. The male never really ever had a shy moment, he is up front and center most of the day. They are eating good as long as it's frozen mysis. I'd like them to start excepting pellets at some point, but for now they are not ok with them. Hows everybody been?

Pics or it didnt happen.

How are we? Still salty ;)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ohhh a resurfacing from you... how dandy!
Happy to hear all is well. Me, I'm still not quite right but it's only from the neck up!

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh a resurfacing from you... how dandy!
Happy to hear all is well. Me, I'm still not quite right but it's only from the neck up!
I think anybody that decides to stick a box of water in their house and try to keep life in it ins't right above the shoulders.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have added three cucumbers to my tank and only one survived....so I thought. I had one of the black/pink verities that have been around a long time but have added two tiger tails and I thought they both died. It’s been about 6 months since I added a tiger tail and look who showed up.

E8C30087-AFA2-4A4D-B9BA-4B6931204082.jpeg

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my wife loves her puffer fish, and I have never added one because of the whole reef safe thing. I go back and forth on possibly adding a toby, anybody have experience with them? I not so worried about my CUC, if they get taken out that's fine but I don't want to walk into a coral blood bath one day.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back