Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello All,

I have been working on this tank for 4 months now. Its a Red Sea Reefer 170.
I started with a protein skimmer, Filter socks, Light, Heater, and 3 gallon ATO.
I have since upgraded the Filter socks to the Red Sea Reef roller mat, Added a 15 gallon ATO that feeds into the 3 gallon ATO (which feeds via gravity still)
My live stock include 2 Clown, 1 stripped blenny, 3 pajama cardinals, 1 turbo snail, 3 crown snails, and originally 13 blue hermits (I only count about 9 now)

My goal with this tank is to have a colorful assortment of fish but the primary focus is on the corals.

I'm open to any and all feedback/tips.

Attachments

• IMG_8606.mp4
    13.9 MB · Views: 0
Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Tank looks great! You might have a bit of cyano (purple/red) in the back left corner, so that's probably something I'd look at dealing with sooner as opposed to later before it spreads. I have the same external > internal RO setup and it works really great for me.

OP
Max Hill

Max Hill

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Tank looks great! You might have a bit of cyano (purple/red) in the back left corner, so that's probably something I'd look at dealing with sooner as opposed to later before it spreads. I have the same external > internal RO setup and it works really great for me.
Do you have a preferred or favorite way to deal with cyano?
I spoke with my LFS and he mentioned that its a good indicator that your water needs to be changed or there is a general imbalance and that changing the water and testing then waiting for it go to away is best.

CLICK TO VIEW LIVESTREAM

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Do you have a preferred or favorite way to deal with cyano?
I spoke with my LFS and he mentioned that its a good indicator that your water needs to be changed or there is a general imbalance and that changing the water and testing then waiting for it go to away is best.
If you search on R2R you'll find a few different suggestions on how to best deal with it. Myself, I've never had any cyano so I'm not the best to advise - but keeping up with your water changes and an eye on your water parameters is always a good idea for preventative maintenance.

AquaCave

Is there such a thing as an "easy" acro?

• YES (tell us about it in the thread)

Votes: 99 44.2%
  • NO

Votes: 50 22.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 72 32.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 1.3%
Chemi-pure.com - All-In-One Aquarium Filtration