$350 HIPPO TANG YES HIPPO TANG ????????? (divers den)

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought on Saturday for $80. LA/DD can keep the ho hum hippo for $350
D2D59393-A9CE-4D6A-A330-A891312245D9.jpeg

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at a lfs today and their prices have gone way up. A Morrish Idol that used to be 75 is now 250, medium yellow tangs are now 150. Pretty crazy, but the reality is shipping costs have gone through the roof so they are being passed on to the consumer.

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local retailer says livestock prices doubled for him with this. Sure will cut into demand if so.

OP
OP
G

gambler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at a lfs today and their prices have gone way up. A Morrish Idol that used to be 75 is now 250, medium yellow tangs are now 150. Pretty crazy, but the reality is shipping costs have gone through the roof so they are being passed on to the consumer.
yellow tangs are still around and they are ripping you off for 150 tell them to "wholesale" from nyaquatic that has them for $59 with 14 day

U

User1

View Badges
The best option is to not be buying livestock right now.

Can't hit the like button enough.

Collectively, as hobbyists, this is a true statement. No livestock. No corals. Nothing but dry goods during this pandemic. If anyone was to order then come and post angry how the shipment was late, missed, or otherwise harmed it is the hobbyists fault. No carrier right now is guaranteeing over night deliveries.

Medical takes priority everything else is back seat.

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't hit the like button enough.

Collectively, as hobbyists, this is a true statement. No livestock. No corals. Nothing but dry goods during this pandemic. If anyone was to order then come and post angry how the shipment was late, missed, or otherwise harmed it is the hobbyists fault. No carrier right now is guaranteeing over night deliveries.

Medical takes priority everything else is back seat.
^yup, I've been dying to pull the trigger on a couple corals I want from a few vendors but I'm very hesitant to do so seeing as how even prime deliveries have been delayed a couple days in my area.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco or not the diver's den lost its mind some time ago well before covid. Sucks because it was a great place to shop but they're doing well with branding and getting fish sold at these prices.

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s no reason why a large-ish hippo tang should cost so much considering a lot of people who own them have the exact same fish outgrow their systems and are giddy when a local reefer can take it off of their hands. They’re not hard to keep fish.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back