36” Hybrid Dimensions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, can anyone grab a measurement of the inner area (led section) on a 36” T5/ LED hybrid fixture? Can’t find it anywhere.

I want to put a 36” Reef Brite XHO in the center that is 35 7/16 actual length in there.

I am looking at the white fixture although I doubt that makes a difference.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can grab a measurement this afternoon for you if someone else doesn't get to it first.

OP
OP
spsick

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
35 1/4”.
I’ve been looking at supplemental bars as well. Most options become too long because of the power cord. I’ve been looking at 24” supplemental because of it.

Awesome (well not awesome) thank you! Bummer, as I already have the XHO. I guess I could set it on top but phooey.

Actually if I got flush mount screws on the ends of the XHO it could JUST fit those dimension. Hmm.

Last edited:

Rufus’ goofs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome (well not awesome) thank you! Bummer, as I already have the XHO. I guess I could set it on top but phooey.

Actually if I got flush mount screws on the ends of the XHO it could JUST fit those dimension. Hmm.

If you’ve really go your heart set on the combo you would likely need to punch a hole through the plate for the power cord in addition to swapping screws.
Are you by any chance getting the end caps that hide the cords? If so then it would pop right out into one of those tracks.

Daniel Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get some longer screws, could you not add some washers (or similar) to increase spacing of the plate that attaches to the end of each T5 unit? You're only talking about needing an extra 1/8" or less on each side. You will still probably need to cut a hole in the plate for the power cord to run through. But it seems like a manageable diy project.

OP
OP
spsick

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’ve really go your heart set on the combo you would likely need to punch a hole through the plate for the power cord in addition to swapping screws.
Are you by any chance getting the end caps that hide the cords? If so then it would pop right out into one of those tracks.

It appears the white model has those, another plus!

Rufus’ goofs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get some longer screws, could you not add some washers (or similar) to increase spacing of the plate that attaches to the end of each T5 unit? You're only talking about needing an extra 1/8" or less on each side. You will still probably need to cut a hole in the plate for the power cord to run through. But it seems like a manageable diy project.

This is also a valid option. Also the end caps attach with similar screws, you might need to get those longer since they thread into the fixture through the end plate.

OP
OP
spsick

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I also wonder what kind of PAR I can expect out of this thing w/ 2 B+ and 2 C+. When I tacked the XHO on to my 6x39 Sunpower it added ~100 PAR to most parts of the tank. I’m 90% SPS so I need to be close to my current #s which are 350 on the top rocks.

Tank is 36x24x18d.

I would be losing 2 bulbs for the look of a cleaner fixture but I’d suspect without fans the Aquatic Life fixture prob puts out a bit more par per bulb at the sacrifice of longevity (which I’m on with).

Rufus’ goofs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I also wonder what kind of PAR I can expect out of this thing w/ 2 B+ and 2 C+. When I tacked the XHO on to my 6x39 Sunpower it added ~100 PAR to most parts of the tank. I’m 90% SPS so I need to be close to my current #s which are 350 on the top rocks.

Tank is 36x24x18d.

I would be losing 2 bulbs for the look of a cleaner fixture but I’d suspect without fans the Aquatic Life fixture prob puts out a bit more par per bulb at the sacrifice of longevity (which I’m on with).

About 100 is right depending on height. I run that bulb combo on mine at 13" off the water and with the Photon v2 led fixture at roughly 50% of total power I get almost 600 at the top of the water.
I think you'll have plenty of punch.

Rufus’ goofs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thank you for all the input!
No worries. But I have to take back my comment about you having plenty of power. For some reason I was thinking you were pairing it with an additional LED fixture
I can grab some lux readings of the T5's alone if you'd like (borrowed the par meter). Are you planning on putting any other leds in the fixture? I'm not sure what the par would look like with just the one XHO in it, but you could always lower the T5s.

OP
OP
spsick

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sweat but thanks for the offer. Yeah it would just be a test to see if I like the look, then the goal would be incrementally buy 2x A360x to replace it.

Or add just like another 50/50 XHO and call it a day. [emoji1305]

Rufus’ goofs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that's the case, then I stand by my first comment on power. I think you'd be set after you added 2 of either LEDs. they're very cool fixtures as far as the concept and what you can do with them, but... I'd like to give the Geisemann a try. It looks a lot cleaner to me.

Happy reefing!

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@spsick Hey do you have any updates on this? Currently in the same situation with a white hybrid model. Deciding between a 30" or 36" xho

OP
OP
spsick

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@spsick Hey do you have any updates on this? Currently in the same situation with a white hybrid model. Deciding between a 30" or 36" xho

I never moved forward as I ended up getting dinos and then a huge Tin reading that set me back bigtime.

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never moved forward as I ended up getting dinos and then a huge Tin reading that set me back bigtime.
I'm sorry to hear that :( I hope you've been able to overcome that challenge! All my best

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back