365 GALLONS of tank water poured into my family room!!! Arrrggg!!! ATO owners should know “this” number.

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A gallon a day is pretty much the standard for how much evaporation takes place in my 180g reef. A GALLON A DAY???
I joke with people while still amazed at that reality, that, that’s why my skin is so soft! Lol “not”!
Easily tested for as you fill your reservoir with a specific amount of water then document the number of days it takes to empty it.
1. Is a gallon a day evap a little or a lot in your experience?
1E4029E1-D9B1-442F-ACBB-FCB414B97760.jpeg

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
A gallon a day is pretty much the standard for how much evaporation takes place in my 180g reef. A GALLON A DAY???
I joke with people while still amazed at that reality, that, that’s why my skin is so soft! Lol “not”!
Easily tested for as you fill your reservoir with a specific amount of water then document the number of days it takes to empty it.
1. Is a gallon a day evap a little or a lot in your experience?
1E4029E1-D9B1-442F-ACBB-FCB414B97760.jpeg
I've thought about something similar to this in my own home.
I own a split level home. It's a 3 level where home entry, living, dining and kitchen are on the main level, 3 beds and full bath upstairs; large family/fish room, half bath and laundry are downstairs and out to the backyard.
So, downstairs in the family/fish room is where the wood burning stove is as well. It's the same footprint as the foundation of the house and on a concrete slab, so it gets nice and cool in the summer and effffffffffing cold in the winter (hence the wood stove).
ANYWAY. let me get to the point.
In the winter, when the wood stove is going? I have to top off 2-3 gallons a day on my 10g res for my 110 AND 1-2gpd on my 55g's res.
I do get much less static shocks with the tanks, though....

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 46 85.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back