385g system break down- Tons of huge colonies and frags for sale +all equipment

MREED1223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to sell off my entire 385 gallon system which is full of many year old coral. I'd be happy to sell off the entire system, but am guessing it's more likely that I'll end up needing to sell all of the livestock first, then part out the system. Obviously the livestock will need to be sold before the equipment, but the way I have the system set up, each tank has it's own return pump, so could sell a whole frag tank and related coral without needing to empty out the entire system. Perfect for someone who wants a display that's got hug colonies of healthy coral, but doesn't want to wait a decade for it to grow or for someone who enjoys fragging and is looking for pieces that can make lots of frags right away. Anyone who's seen my display knows these are huge pieces, many of which won't even fit in a 5 gallon bucket.

There is even more that I don't have listed, too much to keep track of. A few other high end acros I got a year or so ago that have forgotten the names of.

All coral are very healthy and growing. I'm looking to take a break form the hobby to spend more time with my kids, and to free up some space in my house.

I'm just outside of Sewickley

Display Tank ---(prices are for full colonies, picks in comments below or message me for more)

150g Tank + Stand + BB Lights + Powerhead: $750

Porcupine Puffer: $100

Picasso Trigger: $75

Blue Tang: $100

Clownfish: $40

Bristletooth Tang: $70

Yellow Tang: $200

Foxface: $75

Birdsnest Colony #1: $250

Birdsnest Colony #2: $400

Huge Walt Disney Colony: $1500

Torch colony: $400

Turbinaria: $250

Cactus Coral: $250

Green Slimer: $250

Red Monti Cap: $200

Green Monti Cap: $150

Trumpet Coral: $200

Hammer: $200

Blue Stylo: $150

Forest Fire Digi: $75

Orange Setosa: $125

Rainbow Chalice: $125

Ied Milli: $125

Watermelon mix 1: $200

Watermelon 2: $50

Armor of God: $300

Fire and Ice: $200

Nirvana/Scrambled Eggs: $100

Bloodsuckers/Unknown: $150

Captain Jerk: $50

Sump ---

125g sump: $150

BM curve 7: $125

Skimmer 2: $100

Return Pump DCP 20,000: $120

DCP 5,000: $50

Massive zoa garden eggcrates: $600

Frag Tanks ---

Frag Tank 80g, perfect condition: $450

Frag Tank 30g, great condition: $100

Noopsyche K7 Light w/ Bracket 1: $150

Noopsyche K7 Light w/ Bracket 2: $150

Noopsyche K7 Light w/ Bracket 3: $150

Noopsyche K7 Light w/ Bracket 4: $150

Noopsyche K7 Light w/ Bracket 5: $150

Red Sea Powerhead: $120

150 Assorted Frags: $900

Homewrecker Mini Colony: $300

Solar Flare frag: $100

Zoa covered eggcrate: $300

Black Sponge colony: $100

Equipment ---

Trident: $450

Apex: $500

FMM Flow Module and 1" flowmeter: $100

Aqua UV Sterilizer 57w: $250

8 Zen Reef Racks: $125

Acrylic Racks: $100

Cabinet of assorted Dry Goods (cabinet not included): $150

Total: $13,185 bought individually

Or

$10,000 to take everything home

PXL_20211210_194812707.jpg PXL_20211210_195811005.jpg PXL_20211210_233216932.jpg PXL_20211210_233654543.jpg PXL_20211211_004248866.jpg PXL_20211211_004348716.jpg PXL_20211212_021233948.jpg
Do you still have the Yellow Tang? Or Blue Tang?

OP
OP
R

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be interested in the 30g frag with the light.
Wife may kill me lol

looking through some colonies in the pics

Might be interested in the 30g frag with the light.
Wife may kill me lol

looking through some colonies in the pics
Sorry for such a late reply! For some reason I wasn't getting notifications from R2R on this thread...

Sounds good, I still have the 30, but still need to move more coral out of it before I can let it go. Moving the coral has been a bit slow as I expected. Tougher to sell big colonies

OP
OP
R

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im
Interested in a few of the orange zoa Frags. ( not up to date with all the names) Maybe I can meet up with you next week. I’ll get with you after Xmas.
Sorry for such a late reply! For some reason I wasn't getting notifications from R2R on this thread...

I ended up finding someone that wanted to buy all of the zoas from me, so I mostly have SPS left, and a couple of LPS

OP
OP
R

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bit of a shame you’re taking a hiatus. I was hoping to do some more trading with you. Of course if it’s more of a chore than a hobby it’s the right move.

I can say for anyone interested in the system it’s a nice system and nice corals.

Did you already manage to sell off the white walker zoas?

I had someone buy all of my zoas off of me, including the white walkers. Sorry

I appreciate the kind works about my system :) It's taken many years to get where it is. I agree it is a shame, for a long time I didn't understand how people could leave large systems after so much time and effort in getting them setup. I finally understand after having a couple of kids and an job that's grown more and more demanding I simply don't have the time to enjoy it. Right now I mostly just take care of the tank, but can't remember the last time I was able to sit and enjoy the tank for more than a few seconds. I'm going to start up a small 25 gallon tank, most likely without coral for me and my kids to enjoy on a much smaller scale.

OP
OP
R

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still have the Yellow Tang? Or Blue Tang?
Hi, I do still have all of the fish. I'm hoping to try to move some more of the coral colonies from my main tank before going after the fish because I don't want to break all of the large coral apart trying to catch them.

MREED1223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I do still have all of the fish. I'm hoping to try to move some more of the coral colonies from my main tank before going after the fish because I don't want to break all of the large coral apart trying to catch them.
I understand that all to well. I just broke a bunch of colonies trying to catch a file fish. If I had the room, I'd be interested in colonies. But keep me in mind when you're ready. I've been looking for a healthy blue and yellow tang for a while.

OP
OP
R

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the bristletooth tang?
About 4 inches or so. I'm still working on getting the coral moved first before fish though. Me and my family have been sick since around Christmas, so have been very slow to get back to people on the reefing stuff. Sorry about that.

OP
OP
R

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tomorrow off and can be there . just let mek now your stsatus
Sorry for the late reply, been sick and sick kids/wife since just after Christmas. I've sold all of my zoas, but still have the sps from my latest post available.

vitaminex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 4 inches or so. I'm still working on getting the coral moved first before fish though. Me and my family have been sick since around Christmas, so have been very slow to get back to people on the reefing stuff. Sorry about that.
Okay well keep me in mind when that time comes then

OP
OP
R

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, hope you and your family are feeling healthier again! Was wondering if you still had any corals available?

Thanks!
Hey, thank you. Not back to normal yet, but everyone is on the upswing, so I'm sure will all be good in a couple of days. I do still have alot of sps colonies left,and a handful of frags. I just got pictures of everything this evening I still have left, and plan on posting an update tomorrow. Ended up not having time today.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point you could just post the rest of your stuff up on Reeftrader for the Pittsburgh Marine Aquarium Expo. Would get a lot more eyes on it as the date gets closer and we are less than 2 months away

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back