3d modeling app

Dedicated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone knows a free 3d modeling app to use to design for a printer. New to the 3d print scene.

jtp7004ft

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The link below is a long thread but it has some of the information that your looking for. @Projects with Sam has a lot of good insight on 3d printers and software. Unfortunately the software packages that I use are far from free (NX, SolidWorks and inventor). I the hope this helps, see link below.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The link below is a long thread but it has some of the information that your looking for. @Projects with Sam has a lot of good insight on 3d printers and software. Unfortunately the software packages that I use are far from free (NX, SolidWorks and inventor). I the hope this helps, see link below.

wow! Thanks for the props! Nice; you use some solid software (also pricy.)
I recommend tinkerCAD to folks who have never used anything 3D on a computer before; once the basics of up down left, right, pan, tilt, zoom, align... hehe... and a few other things are known; onto fusion360. Again, I have not left the trough since I got here so there may be other, better apps. I'm just commenting on what I know from cursory research and pickin' a path.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back