"3d Print" Looking for a free STL file for a mushroom cage aka shroom condo.

corradovrt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a free STL file for a mushrrom cage? Just checking before I design 1 or pay the $12 for the file.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

OP
OP
C

corradovrt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this file but I'm looking for something 1-2 inches in diameter max.

c-horse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t even think about that. Still a noob with 3D Printing. Any tips printing with PETG?
Not really. You could also use PLA. That is what I used for mine. People think that PLA will break down in salt water and it is supposed to be composeable. There is a video on youtube where a guy who put a PLA benhcy in salt water for two years after which he examined it for degradation, but did not find much. I had two PLA eductors in my tank for several years and they still seems the same.

PETG is definitely the safer bet since it will not degrade.

Last edited:

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really. You could also use PLA. That is what I used for my. People think that PLA will break down in salt water and it is supposed to be composeable. There is a video on youtube where a guy who put a PLA benncy in salt water for two years after which he examined it for degradation, but did not find much. I had two PLA eductors my tank for several years and they still seems the same.

PETG is definitely the safer bet since it will not degrade.
... to this end. I printed a little viking hat for my urchin in white PLA. It wore it for a few days it was hilarious, but then it dropped it, the goby grabbed it and it has been in my tank since ~2 years. it finally surfaced the other day, still looks fine. i have not seen anything odd with params or coral health from it.

On PETG, if you go that route, heat the base plate 70 degrees, print a little slower 35mms range for better detail (for just square streight lines you can crank the speed), sloooow first layer, like 20mms and make sure your build plate is clean beforehand. other than that, follow the recommended settings from the manufacturer.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back