3d Printed Aquarium Parts Archive Thread

Mega Meltdown After Sale

TheGerm

View Badges
Reaction score
My head is spinning and I'm not sure what to buy. Tell me where to throw my money (creality3dofficial has a bunch of stuff on sale)

Ender 3 - 199
Ender 3x - 207
Ender 3 Pro - 229
Ender 5 - 319
At this point, opt for the Ender 3 v2. Has all the upgrades you would end up printing and the silent board. If that is a not an options, go for the Ender 3 Pro. It has a wider Y axis base which is more stable over the standard Ender 3.

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
My head is spinning and I'm not sure what to buy. Tell me where to throw my money (creality3dofficial has a bunch of stuff on sale)

Ender 3 - 199
Ender 3x - 207
Ender 3 Pro - 229
Ender 5 - 319
If you look around, can find Ender 3 for $160 or so sometimes.

Lear31a

View Badges
Reaction score
Have a ender 3 $175.00 updated with a bigtreetech 32 bit motherboard $23.00 also a bigtreetech led touch screen $23.00

This setup can not be beat. Prints are GREAT, and with the 32 bit mother board there is -0- sound. I mean -0- sound , if you get close you can hear the fan running that's it. will put links for upgrades below.

sample of prints when dialed in.
IMG_1168.jpg

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
does anyone know how to convert a PDF template into a 3d file or CAD file?
It is not feasible to convert a single flat 2D imagine into 3D without additional views and dimensions.

This is a typical engineering format- multiple views, and each view would have dimensions.

captrichc

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm trying to make the nept
It is not feasible to convert a single flat 2D imagine into 3D without additional views and dimensions.

This is a typical engineering format- multiple views, and each view would have dimensions.

I'm trying to make mounting templates for the neptune apex modules, base unit, eb832, and dos.

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm trying to make the nept
I'm trying to make mounting templates for the neptune apex modules, base unit, eb832, and dos.
Oh, nice- I’ve done that with a few of their templates before, to send to installers. the procedure was to use online software to convert the PDF into vector format (SVG), and then import it into 3D modeling software (I use fusion 360). Then you can sketch additional features (such as the bubble-level holder, or the offset bordet) on the SVG, and “extrude” it into 3 dimensions.

captrichc

View Badges
Reaction score
Oh, nice- I’ve done that with a few of their templates before, to send to installers. the procedure was to use online software to convert the PDF into vector format (SVG), and then import it into 3D modeling software (I use fusion 360). Then you can sketch additional features (such as the bubble-level holder, or the offset bordet) on the SVG, and “extrude” it into 3 dimensions.
Yes thats what i want how do i do that lol

Mega Meltdown After Sale

ZiBiReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Have a ender 3 $175.00 updated with a bigtreetech 32 bit motherboard $23.00 also a bigtreetech led touch screen $23.00

This setup can not be beat. Prints are GREAT, and with the 32 bit mother board there is -0- sound. I mean -0- sound , if you get close you can hear the fan running that's it. will put links for upgrades below.

sample of prints when dialed in.
IMG_1168.jpg
Add a BLTouch to that list and you have the best sub $300 printer on the market. I love mine

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes thats what i want how do i do that lol
I thought I just told you :oops:. Use an online PDF to SVG converter, to get their document into a usable vector format. Then you can import it into 3D modeling software and do whatever you please.

captrichc

View Badges
Reaction score
I thought I just told you :oops:. Use an online PDF to SVG converter, to get their document into a usable vector format. Then you can import it into 3D modeling software and do whatever you please.
Let me rephrase.... can you provide a link for the converter that works

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Let me rephrase.... can you provide a link for the converter that works
Oh sorry, normally I just use the first one that pops up when I google "PDF to SVG converter".

Maybe https://cloudconvert.com/pdf-to-svg

You don't NEED to go that route; you can also import the image and sketch over it. Might be simpler way to go TBH.

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 11.37.46 AM.png

Last edited:

Is there anything that grosses you out about saltwater aquariums?

• Yes (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 131 44.6%
  • No

Votes: 160 54.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 1.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors