3d Printed Aquarium Parts Archive Thread

3D Reefin'

View Badges
Reaction score
Another good leveling tool is EZ ABL. That is what I have installed - but the BLTouch seems to be the most popular choice.
I always found that the auto level probes are more of a pain than good, but that's just me. I level the bed once and have not needed any adjustment in over a year, printer runs about 8+hrs each time and about 5 days a week.

I also see that a lot of people run "adhesion promoters" on their beds and have a heck of a time removing the prints after.

Any one here print on bare glass?

OP
ludnix

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I always found that the auto level probes are more of a pain than good, but that's just me. I level the bed once and have not needed any adjustment in over a year, printer runs about 8+hrs each time and about 5 days a week.

I also see that a lot of people run "adhesion promoters" on their beds and have a heck of a time removing the prints after.

Any one here print on bare glass?
I used to until it stuck too good and took some glass with it. I use a polypropylene sheet now and love it. I am only releveling after moving the printer or some sort of hardware upgrade.

I'm only running one printer though, I might feel differently if I had to manage a farm of printers.

TheGerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Oh sorry, normally I just use the first one that pops up when I google "PDF to SVG converter".

Maybe https://cloudconvert.com/pdf-to-svg

You don't NEED to go that route; you can also import the image and sketch over it. Might be simpler way to go TBH.

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 11.37.46 AM.png
With Fusion 360, you can also just use an standard picture or screenshot. As long as you have reference measurements of the object, you can adjust the scale of the object in fusion and design your object from there.

Here are some good links on "how to":

I use this process all the time, and it works for me.

captrichc

View Badges
Reaction score
Oh sorry, normally I just use the first one that pops up when I google "PDF to SVG converter".

Maybe https://cloudconvert.com/pdf-to-svg

You don't NEED to go that route; you can also import the image and sketch over it. Might be simpler way to go TBH.

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 11.37.46 AM.png
Is that in fusion360? I have it just dont know how to use it.

https://www.omegasea.net/

Red_Beard

View Badges
Reaction score
Designed some frag stands because my goby started tipping over my hammers. They are designed for stuff you want to plant in the sand.
FragStand.jpg

TheGerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Designed some frag stands because my goby started tipping over my hammers. They are designed for stuff you want to plant in the sand.
FragStand.jpg

I like the design, looks really good!

As @laverda said, it doesn't look like your link works, or its not public, or Thingiverse is having issues.

Top Shelf Aquatics

NeonRabbit221B

View Badges
Reaction score
So my autodesk 360 fusion hobby subscription has run out which is unfortunate. Should I just make a new account and import all my models? What modeling software does everyone use to develop models?

Red_Beard

View Badges
Reaction score
Perfect for hammers and touches. Your Thingiverse link did not work however.
I like the design, looks really good!

As @laverda said, it doesn't look like your link works, or its not public, or Thingiverse is having issues.
@Red_Beard that's a pretty great idea. We have a toddler who likes to pull magnets off of tanks - so something like that would be really useful for when I do have to acclimate stuff.
Thank you! And also sorry.... that was my first public thingiverse thing. ;Facepalm I think i have it properly sorted out, try the link again.

MaccaPopEye

View Badges
Reaction score
So my autodesk 360 fusion hobby subscription has run out which is unfortunate. Should I just make a new account and import all my models? What modeling software does everyone use to develop models?
You should just be able to renew the hobby subscription. I think the option now is actually as a business but with a turnover below their threshold then it's free, same as the old hobbyist licence. But either way it should give you options when you renew and one of them should be free

NeonRabbit221B

View Badges
Reaction score
You should just be able to renew the hobby subscription. I think the option now is actually as a business but with a turnover below their threshold then it's free, same as the old hobbyist licence. But either way it should give you options when you renew and one of them should be free
Finally got it to work. Must have logged in too soon so it was still showing as expired the first time. Appreciate it!

mbarber87

View Badges
Reaction score
FragStand.jpg

Amazing! Just printed 4 for my new goni island I’m starting!

OP
ludnix

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
FragStand.jpg

These are beautifully designed @Red_Beard! I will add them to the list today.

Last edited:

mbarber87

View Badges
Reaction score
FragStand.jpg

Check it out!! Working perfectly so far. Already saved my new goni from my most annoying hermit crab lol

20200730_161203.jpg

amps

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying real hard to figure out what threads the Ecotech Vectra L2 pump uses on the inlet but I can't get an answer from anyone. Do any of you great designers that frequent this thread know the answer?

I'm 90% certain is a 2" BSP fitting but the friend I'm designing an inlet guard for lives 2 hours away and I can't test fit anything :(

OP
ludnix

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hopefully someone will have your measurement, but I usually just mail the person a couples test threads for confirmation before printing the final inlet screen when I do those pump guards. You can throw a couple rings a paper mailer and send it first class for about $3.

Corals.com

Is your current reef tank the BEST reef aquarium you've ever had?

• Yes

Votes: 335 70.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 21.9%
  • It's a tie

Votes: 16 3.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 20 4.2%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors