3d Printed Aquarium Parts Archive Thread

mbarber87

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying real hard to figure out what threads the Ecotech Vectra L2 pump uses on the inlet but I can't get an answer from anyone. Do any of you great designers that frequent this thread know the answer?

I'm 90% certain is a 2" BSP fitting but the friend I'm designing an inlet guard for lives 2 hours away and I can't test fit anything :(
Have you contacted Ecotech? They may have a nerd somewhere that knows :)

amps

View Badges
Reaction score
Hopefully someone will have your measurement, but I usually just mail the person a couples test threads for confirmation before printing the final inlet screen when I do those pump guards. You can throw a couple rings a paper mailer and send it first class for about $3.
Great idea, I'm printing a couple test pieces and I'll drop em in an envelope.

Have you contacted Ecotech? They may have a nerd somewhere that knows :)
I've emailed once, asked on their board here and I've tried PM'ing a couple of their support folks. No answer :(

Sisterlimonpot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
This is how bored I am, I'm tired of the velcro stickers losing grip and finding my TDS meters hanging. I ended up replacing the back cover that incorporates a cleat.

I designed 2 different cleats, one that can screw to a vertical surface (designed for simple drywall screws) or one that is designed to clip into the frame of the RODI unit.

And the .stl files.

OP
ludnix

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thank goodness for your boredom! Mine are literally dangling off the wall from the same issue. You saved us all the effort and what a common problem! These are going on my printer ASAP! Beautiful work as always @Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure if it was my slicers fault or design. The stl that I uploaded was an iteration to the one I printed. I added chamfer around the risers for the screw holes. When I printed that version the printer stopped short printing around that area...

I went back and added some plastic around that transition. This one prints no problem.

I uploaded the new .stl but for some reason it doesn't show it immediately. Hopefully it's there. Does thingiverse usually lag like this? or is it something I did?

Sisterlimonpot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah thingiverse probably has it cached for now, everything seems to take about 24hrs over there.
I just went and read up on it, and apparently you have to add something in the summery or else it wont take. After I added a line it took it, no problem. Weird!!!

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
This is how bored I am, I'm tired of the velcro stickers losing grip and finding my TDS meters hanging. I ended up replacing the back cover that incorporates a cleat.
That is impressively bored o_O:eek:.

I've have been racking my brain to come up with something new to design & sell, but have a total creativity block. I have so much time on my hands while stuck at home.

I can't come up with any significant inconvenience related to the hobby that I could feasibly solve with 3D printing. It could be electronic, solely 3D printed, etc, but have nothing!

Sisterlimonpot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
That is impressively bored o_O:eek:.

I've have been racking my brain to come up with something new to design & sell, but have a total creativity block. I have so much time on my hands while stuck at home.

I can't come up with any significant inconvenience related to the hobby that I could feasibly solve with 3D printing. It could be electronic, solely 3D printed, etc, but have nothing!
I'm exactly the same way. I have all the time to design, but creativity is lacking. And when I do get an idea, it's a one off to fit my needs, no one would benefit from it.

92Miata

View Badges
Reaction score
Any of you bored people feel like designing a mason jar lid for use as a 2-part dosing resevoir feeding a Peristaltic pump?

Needs a way to attach tubing, a stem/way to attach hard airline to get to bottom, and some
Sort of air inlet.

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Any of you bored people feel like designing a mason jar lid for use as a 2-part dosing resevoir feeding a Peristaltic pump?

Needs a way to attach tubing, a stem/way to attach hard airline to get to bottom, and some
Sort of air inlet.
Might be easier to use a standard lid with a compression fitting (3/8 or 1/4) and an acrylic tube running to the bottom of the jar. Kinda like the Voss bottles.

Top Shelf Aquatics

fsamir

View Badges
Reaction score
IMG_20200804_084305.jpg

This is a frag holder to pack and ship corals like a pro:

Sisterlimonpot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
IMG_20200804_084305.jpg

Very nice approach to it

OP
ludnix

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

This is really great @fsamir! I like the use of the honey jars, I have been using urine sample cups as seems to be popular here but I think I would prefer to use honey jars in the future...better connotations! :p

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Is there anything that grosses you out about saltwater aquariums?

• Yes (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 134 44.1%
  • No

Votes: 167 54.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 1.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors