• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

3d Printed Aquarium Parts Archive Thread

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
This is really great @fsamir! I like the use of the honey jars, I have been using urine sample cups as seems to be popular here but I think I would prefer to use honey jars in the future...better connotations! :p
What, it's only a urine jar! I use them all the time :p

fsamir

View Badges
Reaction score
This is really great @fsamir! I like the use of the honey jars, I have been using urine sample cups as seems to be popular here but I think I would prefer to use honey jars in the future...better connotations! :p
The 70ml urine containers are also popular here in Australia, but the honey jars provide more water and fit perfectly in small styrofoam boxes.
I have been debating with friends which is better, 1 SPS frag in 70ml or 2 SPS frags in 375ml. Some argue that 2 frags in the same container is a no-go, but my experiments have pointed otherwise, as long as they bounce and touch each other.

fsamir

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
here goes another design for your appreciation. This time I uploaded 2 molds for cement frag bases, that I have been using for years. They are great for managing Zoas and SPS on highly populated tanks, where corals have to be moved all the time, to prevent coral warfare and improve flow.

I've been working on other shapes and will update the page once they are ready.

IMG_20200708_084637.jpg

IMG_20200616_200248.jpg
PHOTO_20200720_205051.jpg
IMG_20200709_084052.jpg

amps

View Badges
Reaction score
Thought I'd share this case I design to fit a Kamoer peristaltic pump head. It's the same head and motor that's used in the Kamoer FX-STP and only cost about $100 direct from Kamoer on AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1850251733.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.69724c4d5KPuWk (get the 24v, 6 roller design and specificy B16 tubing in the comments).

The controller is a simple design using a TMC2208 stepper driver, driven by an Arduino Nano and powered by a DC-DC buck converter. Right now I've slapped the circuit together on some perfboard but I might put a cheap PCB together and redesign the back casing to include a mount for it.

DEAD SILENT btw.

Video of it in action: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ma6i8Jv65h4HVTBk9

IMG_20200810_120112.jpg

OP
ludnix

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thought I'd share this case I design to fit a Kamoer peristaltic pump head. It's the same head and motor that's used in the Kamoer FX-STP and only cost about $100 direct from Kamoer on AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1850251733.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.69724c4d5KPuWk (get the 24v, 6 roller design and specificy B16 tubing in the comments).

The controller is a simple design using a TMC2208 stepper driver, driven by an Arduino Nano and powered by a DC-DC buck converter. Right now I've slapped the circuit together on some perfboard but I might put a cheap PCB together and redesign the back casing to include a mount for it.

DEAD SILENT btw.

IMG_20200810_120112.jpg
Very nice! Very exciting to think of the potential future dosing pump setups people will be coming up!

I think everyone's items are added to the archive now, if anyone sees theirs missing let me know! It's not personal I'm just forgetful.

philshel

View Badges
Reaction score

DEAD SILENT btw.

IMG_20200810_120112.jpg

Care to share the drive schematics?

amps

View Badges
Reaction score
Care to share the drive schematics?
It's not the cleanest but here's the schematic and code. You could also use a more common stepper driver like the A4988 but it would be SUPER loud. I actually bought a driver board from Kamoer and it was so loud I couldn't stand to be in the room with it while it was running. Luckily I had a spare TMC2208 from upgrading my printer and it makes all the difference in the world.

I actually just ordered some PCBs to make a plug-and-play board, if they turn out ok I'd be happy to share the files for it.

Code:
#include <AccelStepper.h>
// Define stepper motor connections and motor interface type. Motor interface type must be set to 1 when using a driver:
#define dirPin 3
#define stepPin 4
#define motorInterfaceType 1

const int potPin = A0;

int potSpeed;

AccelStepper stepper = AccelStepper(motorInterfaceType, stepPin, dirPin);

void setup() {
  stepper.setMaxSpeed(4000);
  pinMode(potPin, INPUT);
}

void loop() {
  potSpeed = analogRead(potPin); // Comment out this line for testing fixed speed.
  potSpeed = map(potSpeed, 0, 1023, 0, 4000); // Comment out this line for testing fixed speed.
  //potSpeed = 3000; // For testing fixed speeds, uncomment this line
  stepper.setSpeed(potSpeed);
  stepper.runSpeed();
}
Capture.PNG

fsamir

View Badges
Reaction score
I've also just uploaded another Dosing Pump enclosure, for Honlite 500ml/liter pumps.

92Miata

View Badges
Reaction score
Designed some frag stands because my goby started tipping over my hammers. They are designed for stuff you want to plant in the sand.
FragStand.jpg

Printed up a couple of these - they work great on clean ceramic frag plugs. They're a tight fit for any plugs with any sort of crud on them though - so size them up a couple percent if that's your use case.

92Miata

View Badges
Reaction score
It's not the cleanest but here's the schematic and code. You could also use a more common stepper driver like the A4988 but it would be SUPER loud. I actually bought a driver board from Kamoer and it was so loud I couldn't stand to be in the room with it while it was running. Luckily I had a spare TMC2208 from upgrading my printer and it makes all the difference in the world.

I actually just ordered some PCBs to make a plug-and-play board, if they turn out ok I'd be happy to share the files for it.

Code:
// Define stepper motor connections and motor interface type. Motor interface type must be set to 1 when using a driver:
#define dirPin 3
#define stepPin 4

const int potPin = A0;

int potSpeed;

void setup() {
  pinMode(potPin, INPUT);
}

void loop() {
  potSpeed = analogRead(potPin); // Comment out this line for testing fixed speed.
  potSpeed = map(potSpeed, 0, 1023, 0, 4000); // Comment out this line for testing fixed speed.
  stepper.runSpeed();
}
Capture.PNG
How super-loud we talking here? I have a couple of A4988s floating around that I was planning on using - but I'll replace them if necessary.

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score

Code:
#define dirPin 3
#define stepPin 4

const int potPin = A0;

int potSpeed;

void setup() {
  pinMode(potPin, INPUT);
}

void loop() {
  stepper.runSpeed();
}
Capture.PNG
Please if you don't mind.
There is a "S" and "B"option for the motors. Which one did you buy?

Last edited:

TheGerm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
How super-loud we talking here? I have a couple of A4988s floating around that I was planning on using - but I'll replace them if necessary.
A4988 can be pretty 'loud' (up to the hear of the beholder and where they are in the room), but if you want near silent operation and 'smoother' control, move onto TCM drivers. Even if you went to DRV8825, it would be MUCH quieter than A4988s.

Top Shelf Aquatics

amps

View Badges
Reaction score
Like I couldn't be in the same room with them and was planning to build a noise proof box before switching drivers. I had originally bought the A4988 drivers for a different peristaltic project but they're gonna spend the rest of their lives at the bottom of a drawer. It's worth the 8 bucks to swap to a TMC driver.

Please if you don't mind.
There is a "S" and "B"option for the motors. Which one did you buy?
The B version. S or for silicon, B is for Pharmamed tubing, much more robust. Select the 24V B, 6 Roller version. Specify in the order comments that you want the B16 tubing size (3.2mm x 6.4mm)

Palluk33

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
here goes another design for your appreciation. This time I uploaded 2 molds for cement frag bases, that I have been using for years. They are great for managing Zoas and SPS on highly populated tanks, where corals have to be moved all the time, to prevent coral warfare and improve flow.

I've been working on other shapes and will update the page once they are ready.

IMG_20200708_084637.jpg

IMG_20200616_200248.jpg
PHOTO_20200720_205051.jpg
IMG_20200709_084052.jpg
What kind of reef save cement are you using ?

TheGerm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
What kind of reef save cement are you using ?
Hey Palluk33, when i checked this, his direct recipe was on the thingiverse page in the summary section, but looks like the site is having some issues today, so i cannot confirm.

I have used hydralic / water-stop quickrete. Dries fast, and has no effect on water params once its dried.

Palluk33

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey Palluk33, when i checked this, his direct recipe was on the thingiverse page in the summary section, but looks like the site is having some issues today, so i cannot confirm.

I have used hydralic / water-stop quickrete. Dries fast, and has no effect on water params once its dried.

Thanks man I just print your design looks pretty good I like it

138FA261-9C15-435F-80AF-D26EECBF2A0C.jpeg EF85BCBA-BCD5-4095-878C-0EA1DF79C748.jpeg 2274550E-E264-4A7F-B0A0-FD371FF8552F.jpeg 141D78AB-AAF6-4E0C-A385-72ED833BC414.jpeg

fsamir

View Badges
Reaction score
@Palluk33 ,
that is awesome! I am glad someone else found it useful :)

In case people still can't see the instruction in Thingiverse, I use a mix of 50% Stonefix and 50% Aragonite sand, with a bit of water. This is handy because Stonefix is ready to use, after only a couple of hours.
I've also used Portland Cement, White cement and hydraulic cement and they all work, as expect. We just have to respect curing time of the cement of choice.

How often do you have some type of algae issue?

• Constantly Something

Votes: 242 42.5%
  • Every Month

Votes: 32 5.6%
  • Every Few Months

Votes: 69 12.1%
  • A Few Times A Year

Votes: 82 14.4%
  • Once A Year Or So

Votes: 60 10.5%
  • Every Few years

Votes: 29 5.1%