• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

3d Printed Aquarium Parts Archive Thread

laverda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Had to refill my BRS refillable DI cartridge and figured there had to be a better way. Designed up a funnel and a packing tool. it works great in the neck of the cartridge but deeper down if you push too hard it forces some of the resin beads up and around edge. I found that giving it a few sharp whacks works better than constant pressure to pack it tight. Hope this helps!
I have printed a half dozen assorted custom funnels for my reef tank, cars and motorcycles. Nothing like a funnel sized for the specific task at hand.

92Miata

View Badges
Reaction score
Has anyone else printed this one? I tried this with some Noctua NF-R8 fans (80x80x25) and they were hitting the curve on the back before they were deep enough to line up the screw holes.

I think it was probably designed for 15mm deep fans, which isn't really the standard size - and I didn't see mentioned.

Sisterlimonpot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Has anyone else printed this one? I tried this with some Noctua NF-R8 fans (80x80x25) and they were hitting the curve on the back before they were deep enough to line up the screw holes.

I think it was probably designed for 15mm deep fans, which isn't really the standard size - and I didn't see mentioned.
Did you see the link to the fan he used? It doesn't look like the traditional boxy computer fan. The edges seem to be able to accommodate the curve and squeeze inside.
Screenshot_20200907-093638_Chrome.jpg

Orbela

View Badges
Reaction score
Not very active on here just browse mostly, but I would like to submit a design. I use 3M Velcro tape to mount but I attached the Solidworks file so anybody can edit if they want adjust to there needs

Orbela

View Badges
Reaction score
looking for a stl file for a anemone basket\cage.
They have a basket in the directory f
looking for a stl file for a anemone basket\cage.

cubereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
They have a basket in the directory f

Thank you didn't see that one.

OP
ludnix

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you didn't see that one.
I found this one today in my searches. It wasn't in the archive yet so I have added it now.
featured_preview_Shroom_Box_v1.1.png

Neil Fox

View Badges
Reaction score
I made a Mason Jar band that actually works; I actually needed a vacuum chamber. I tried a few designs posted on Thingiverse and what not, but all of them failed, so I measured the pitch etc. and made one that works. I added a few different lid styles so you can use them for dosing pump containers, media reactors, CO2 scrubbers etc.. You could make a thumper for a moonshine still out of one also. Here is the link. I have a whole bunch of other stuff including black box mods, cooling fans etc.. Link https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4597046/files
Mason Asst..jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

How often do you have some type of algae issue?

• Constantly Something

Votes: 241 42.5%
  • Every Month

Votes: 32 5.6%
  • Every Few Months

Votes: 68 12.0%
  • A Few Times A Year

Votes: 82 14.5%
  • Once A Year Or So

Votes: 59 10.4%
  • Every Few years

Votes: 29 5.1%