• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

3d Printed Aquarium Parts Archive Thread

Neil Fox

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind comments. Here is how a did my lighting in Nylon CF, the newer version has a place for cooling fans. The supports are K type copper treated with Birchwood Casey Brass Black. It looks really cool and its a cheap fix. I also built the tank. I added adjustable stops to the front support, the rear ones are fixed. I can upload that one too. The problem is some Black Boxes are 155mm to the center of the supports and some are 145mm.
Viper Flash.jpg
Viper 3.jpg

Corals.com

TheGerm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Some of you guys have created some amazing things. It took me hours to make a holder for my Tune pump connectors and it is still not exactly how I wanted it. I tried to put Tunze in raised text on the top front, but could not get it to work for anything.

20200915_160119.jpg
Keep at it! 3D design/modeling doesnt come overnight. It still takes me sometime to make things.

Question, for the modeling/text are you using tinkercad, fusion 360, or a different software? Maybe we can lend a hand to help out, and get it exactly how you want it! Feel free to DM me.

Neil Fox

View Badges
Reaction score
Some of you guys have created some amazing things. It took me hours to make a holder for my Tune pump connectors and it is still not exactly how I wanted it. I tried to put Tunze in raised text on the top front, but could not get it to work for anything.

20200915_160119.jpg
Just keep working at it, I have filled a recycle bin of scrap! It looks strong and functional, I like it.

Neil Fox

View Badges
Reaction score
Here are some cooling fans I also printed. Really tough CF15 Carbon Fiber. They came in handy during the hot water. There are three different bases, one for Eurobraced tanks, One for standard tanks with an Acme screw tensioner and a clamp style with a spring loaded tensioner. They can be adapted to any kind of tank or sump. Also see the improved Mason Ring cutaway. VERY Strong!
.75 Plex G..jpg
80mm Evaporative cooling Fan, Acme (A) Base.jpg
Clamp Base.jpg
Acrylic Tank Topper.jpg
Shown with Clamp (C) base .jpg
Red Octo.jpg
20200916_202346.jpg

fowler279

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Created a little holder for under my tank. Have it on command strips attached to the door. Holds my turkey, glass scraper, net, 5ml Syringe, and some measuring spoons. Bottom of the stand was getting cluttered so decided to make some. Can share the file if anyone is interested.

IMG_0433.jpg

OP
ludnix

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Created a little holder for under my tank. Have it on command strips attached to the door. Holds my turkey, glass scraper, net, 5ml Syringe, and some measuring spoons. Bottom of the stand was getting cluttered so decided to make some. Can share the file if anyone is interested.

IMG_0433.jpg
Very cool @fowler279 ! I would definitely love a copy of the file. I could probably use it as is for my own tank, I keep the same tools handy.

Fragtacular Sale

How often do you have some type of algae issue?

• Constantly Something

Votes: 241 42.6%
  • Every Month

Votes: 32 5.7%
  • Every Few Months

Votes: 68 12.0%
  • A Few Times A Year

Votes: 81 14.3%
  • Once A Year Or So

Votes: 59 10.4%
  • Every Few years

Votes: 29 5.1%
  • Never.....(are you lying?)

Votes: 36 6.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 20 3.5%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
CWT Aquatics - Acrylic Sumps, Tanks, and More!