3d Printed Aquarium Parts Archive Thread

Corals.com

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
I dont have a 3d printer but would someone be willing to make some pieces for me for my new build? I'd pay for material of course.
If you have the 3D files there are several online places that can print anything you want. Fusion 360 is a free design software that allows you to send the files to have them printed. Most the of the 3D files on here have thingiverse links which also allows printing from third parties.

captrichc

View Badges
Reaction score
If you have the 3D files there are several online places that can print anything you want. Fusion 360 is a free design software that allows you to send the files to have them printed. Most the of the 3D files on here have thingiverse links which also allows printing from third parties.
That's amazing. Thank you so much

https://www.omegasea.net/

frank10

View Badges
Reaction score
I’m the king of apex stuff, lol. I probably have it all printed already- shoot me a message.
Well what's too many hours lol. It's a bunch of apex stuff. It might be worth looking into a printer
Get the printer, then you can create customized parts for your aquarium and make sure they fit right.

I just made this part this morning. Why wait 3 days and pay $$$ for some crummy tube holder?

IMG_20191025_172354.jpg

World Wide Corals - Quality Aqua-cultured Coral

Butuz

View Badges
Reaction score
Whats the material cost range for the different mounts/cradles being built? /
each roll of PLA will be around $20. Amazon has a good selection. You can print a LOT of small stuff before you run out. Make sure on stuff that doesn’t have to be super dense to use apprx 30% fill, less material, faster printing.

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I don't have a printer but know some people who do locally. So i'm curious what I should offer them to print a couple things for me.
Are you asking them to design something, or just print a file you have? Big difference.

Most controller brackets are around $10, in my experience.

jonnyeatworld

View Badges
Reaction score
i would love to see someone create a bracket for a BRS reactor to slid onto the glass of the sump. Dont want to screw anything into the walls of the cabinet

GrumpyDaddy68

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi all,

I heard that the 'ender 3' is a good starting point. Does anybody have any other recommendation for a beginners 3D printer?

Thanks,

https://www.omegasea.net/

Where do you go in case of a real reef tank emergency?

• Me, myself and I

Votes: 224 43.4%
  • Local Friend

Votes: 47 9.1%
  • Reef2Reef

Votes: 198 38.4%
  • Other

Votes: 47 9.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors