3d Printed Aquarium Parts Archive

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking for window screen fittings to be prints. corners, feed doors, light cut outs, that slip into window screen framing.
I'm working on this right now, still surprised nobody does it already.
I've got models that are easily customizable for different dimensions and cut-out shapes. I have a model of the prong on screen corners that can easily be added to any shape needed for any shape/size of cover or cut-out.
The feeding hatch is soon to come...

If you let me know cut-out dimensions you need, I can modify these designs and send you .STL files for 3D-printing.

Some pictures of what I've designed:
1649964783611.png

1649964799269.png

1649964858574.png

1649964881335.png

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got models that are easily customizable for different dimensions and cut-out shapes. I have a model of the prong on screen corners that can easily be added to any shape needed for any shape/size of cover or cut-out.

If you let me know cut-out dimensions you need, I can modify these designs and send you .STL files for 3D-printing.

1649964783611.png

1649964799269.png

1649964858574.png

1649964881335.png
These are cool thank you for the help. I’m also surprised more people aren’t selling these because the demand is there. @Dierks used to make these for us at R2R but he’s been gone awhile. These are the ones he made me back in 2020
2FD0D51E-53F4-4E9D-A95D-0039EEE49426.jpeg
9EF8363B-BF99-4858-B535-F7885955AFE1.jpeg
11400672-36B6-4682-9B34-CB199EBDFDBC.jpeg

the cut outs have a groove for the screen to adhere and I haven’t seen anything like it anywhere.

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are cool thank you for the help. I’m also surprised more people aren’t selling these because the demand is there. @Dierks used to make these for us at R2R but he’s been gone awhile. These are the ones he made me back in 2020
2FD0D51E-53F4-4E9D-A95D-0039EEE49426.jpeg
9EF8363B-BF99-4858-B535-F7885955AFE1.jpeg
11400672-36B6-4682-9B34-CB199EBDFDBC.jpeg

the cut outs have a groove for the screen to adhere and I haven’t seen anything like it anywhere.
My corners and cut-out pieces also have the groove for the screen utilizing the spline just like the aluminum screen rails, the images just don't show the groove since I put the screen on the bottom rather than on the top like your pictures.

I also have access to my brother's 3D-printer but we don't have time right now to deal with providing printed parts due to schedule and logistics issues... model modification/sharing only takes me a few minutes if the recipient can do the printing.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My corners and cut-out pieces also have the groove for the screen utilizing the spline just like the aluminum screen rails, the images just don't show the groove since I put the screen on the bottom rather than on the top like your pictures.

I also have access to my brother's 3D-printer but we don't have time right now to deal with providing printed parts due to schedule and logistics issues... model modification/sharing only takes me a few minutes if the recipient can do the printing.
Awesome that’s a huge help. And that gets me over half way there. Whenever you get a minute shoot me the info on a DM please. I’ll size it at 3inch opening to start and go from there.

ReefLife_Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1649964783611.png

1649964799269.png

1649964858574.png

1649964881335.png
Hi! I'm interested in the design files for these, but not sure how to direct message on here. Did you say these fit with the BRS/standard screen frames? Thanks!

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I'm interested in the design files for these, but not sure how to direct message on here. Did you say these fit with the BRS/standard screen frames? Thanks!
You might need to hit a certain number of posts to validate your account on R2R before you can use direct messages. I think I can start a conversation with you to avoid this issue for now.

Yes, these are designed to fit the BRS/standard screen frames. My original design intent was sparked after ordering screen, frames, and corners from BRS and trying to figure out how to work around equipment or incorporate accesses without removing the whole screen.

Let me know what you need on the private message once it comes through and I can see what I can do for you.

bdmach1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1649964783611.png

1649964799269.png

1649964858574.png

1649964881335.png
Hey Soren, If I send you dimensions tonight for my custom screens, think you could modify your design and send me the .STL?!?!?

Thanks,
Bob

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Soren, If I send you dimensions tonight for my custom screens, think you could modify your design and send me the .STL?!?!?

Thanks,
Bob
I can do it when it fits my schedule, probably some time tomorrow. Please let me know what types of corners/cutouts you want if they are not obvious from your custom screen layout and dimensions.
Also, make sure you are clear with what dimensions you are giving me to make sure there is no confusion with details on the part files. Make sure to take into account rims when necessary.

I'll follow up with a private message shortly where we can continue discussion as needed for your specific case.

stubble0seven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remixed a frag rack to support 15 frags and hang about 12 inches down in my Reefer 425 XL!

RickG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is awesome, thank you!

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
looking for window screen fittings to be prints. corners, feed doors, light cut outs, that slip into window screen framing.
I Print Reef related parts full time, and have a pretty quick turn around. DM me if you need anything, I also make custom parts to suite your tank...

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Print Reef related parts full time, and have a pretty quick turn around. DM me if you need anything, I also make custom parts to suite your tank...
Awesome ill send you a pm to record your contact information for next time.
thank you

Pounder007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

We are working on bringing back the "Master List" of 3D print files for the hobbyist and will be working on gathering links and data over the next few days. This will be a living document and things may change as we move along, but the intent is to provide a source for commonly used files for all our members to enjoy.

A couple of quick notes to get use started.

- If you have something you would like to include, please reply to this post or PM me and I will add it to the list. I can include your username if you would like in case anyone has any questions, etc.
- All included items will be for hobby/personal use only.
- If you have a commercial item you would like to include, you can contact revhtree to discuss options.
- If I post a link to an item and you own it and you do not want it included just PM me and I will remove it.
- I will try and categorize items to the best of my ability.
- This is for the community, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

I will try to keep up with this thread as new items become available.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to getting this going again.

Boost.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maintenance Items

Equipment Mount Items

Fragging Items

Pumps and Filtration

Controller Related Items

Tools

Misc.

Looking for 2 files...Hope someone here has them!
1. Low profile strainer for Varios 6 pump
2 Bracket for optical sensor on ATK ATO pump.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back