3d Printed Aquarium Parts Archive

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think something sort of like this. But I’m not sure.
going to try and model it up. See if I can teach myself how to do this.

1670601200417.png
What app are you modeling in?

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Super easy to draw the profile then revolve around the axis then make the holes as positive shapes the same way (or similar) then combine them using cut and that should be a pretty fast way to get what you want.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
good one...
Voss 800ml & 375ml Dosing containers

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
you guys using PETG for stuff that gets wet and PLA for stuff that don't?
I use PETG all the time because its more heat stable. It takes a bit longer to print and its trickier to come up with a good profile for your printer but if doing light shades, I think the heat stability is worth it.

FYI released new part for NooPsyche K7 Mini owners:

chemisfun11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I try to use PLA more often than PETG if possible. PLA is plant based and more environmentally friendly. There are also PLA+ filaments that are tolerant of higher temperatures if your application calls for it.

I have printed hundreds of light spill shades for my customers and I use PLA without issue. I mostly make them for Radion XR15, XR30 and Neptune Sky lights.

The Kessil line of lights would eventually warp PETG. I am sure I could design those light spill shades as well, there just isn't the same demand from the community.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That looks great Sam , can't wait to try out your STL files. I hope my patience for a PRUSA pays off. Lead time is 3-4 weeks out. Hoping to get my first printer in the next 2 weeks.
Awesome! I think everyone is experiencing lead times now. tis the season!
I don't have any experience with Prusa but many say they're great printers and easy to use once assembled.
I think the big leg-up with the Prusa are all the pre-made printer profiles for different filaments that are available.
If you stick to the 'recipes' (setting/filament combos) you'll have a great experience churning out wonderful prints.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I try to use PLA more often than PETG if possible. PLA is plant based and more environmentally friendly. There are also PLA+ filaments that are tolerant of higher temperatures if your application calls for it.

I have printed hundreds of light spill shades for my customers and I use PLA without issue. I mostly make them for Radion XR15, XR30 and Neptune Sky lights.

The Kessil line of lights would eventually warp PETG. I am sure I could design those light spill shades as well, there just isn't the same demand from the community.

I have 3 of your light shades lol. They are all holding up perfectly.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have 3 of your light shades lol. They are all holding up perfectly.
Oh cool! The model 1s I sent out late? I had so many issues getting the Polymaker profile ok. I am still trying to tune it better. I hope they meet your expectations.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I think everyone is experiencing lead times now. tis the season!
I don't have any experience with Prusa but many say they're great printers and easy to use once assembled.
I think the big leg-up with the Prusa are all the pre-made printer profiles for different filaments that are available.
If you stick to the 'recipes' (setting/filament combos) you'll have a great experience churning out wonderful prints.
I use prusa's and it is probably the closest to a turnkey printer that you can get for the price.

As for the slicer profiles, that's definitely a plus, but you don't have to own a prusa printer to use their slicer, they have many different printers that can be selected, so that you can take advantage of the pre-made profiles.

Although I still feel they're not quite up to my standards for petg and I end up using them as a starting point and tweaking it almost after every print.

Back