• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

3d Printed Light Shades - XR30, XR15, AI Prime, AI Hydra, Aquaknight, Fluval, and more!

chemisfun11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I personally won't design for the kessil line of lights. They get very hot which makes it challenging to create something that will last. Additionally, the demand for them is not nearly as big compared to the Radions, Neptune Sky and AI lights.

DeputyDog95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally won't design for the kessil line of lights. They get very hot which makes it challenging to create something that will last. Additionally, the demand for them is not nearly as big compared to the Radions, Neptune Sky and AI lights.
Understood. But why would you need a shade for a sky or radion? Aren't these shades generally for sump lights where you are trying to minimize nuisance algae growth around the fuge?

chemisfun11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Understood. But why would you need a shade for a sky or radion? Aren't these shades generally for sump lights where you are trying to minimize nuisance algae growth around the fuge?
Most of my customers are trying to prevent excess light spill into the room and want to comfortably view their tanks from the comfort of their couch. Plus, there are other benefits as well depending on your needs.

DeputyDog95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my customers are trying to prevent excess light spill into the room and want to comfortably view their tanks from the comfort of their couch. Plus, there are other benefits as well depending on your needs.
Yeah, I could see that if the lights were hung really high and your sofa was much lower. Makes sense.

I'm simply just trying to keep my sump from turning into an algae jungle. Better the sump than the DT I guess :)

I wish there was a better way to focus the Kessil though... Everything is green in my fuge.

Back