3D Printed Red Sea Reefer Nozzle!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Maki~R~G~A

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Maki~R~G~A

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool!

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!

One suggestion would be to make a threaded version. I ended up cutting mine down and glueing on some Loc-Line, but if I could have gotten that result without having to hack up my factory nozzle, I would have in an instant. Just a suggestion; I'm sure even just the slip "Y" is great for the tank!

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice!

One suggestion would be to make a threaded version. I ended up cutting mine down and glueing on some Loc-Line, but if I could have gotten that result without having to hack up my factory nozzle, I would have in an instant. Just a suggestion; I'm sure even just the slip "Y" is great for the tank!

We just finished up this locline version! Will be on the site today. Gives a nice option to anyone who wants to run locline. I personally like the slim design on the slip on Y, but this gives the option for locline.

Untitled by alex barreto, on Flickr

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Loc-Line one and it has worked great!

There has only been one downside to using them and I have a work around. I have my Red Sea Reefer plumbed stock so I don't have anything to stop the water from coming back down the return tube. I had the Loc-Line pointed pretty deep into my tank point to the back corners. When I went to do a water change I flooded my sump because the lines were so long it just kept taking water out of the DT. Now I currently have them pointing up out of the water and surprisingly it doesn't splash so there isn't any noise.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to hardline plumb the return at some point to have a flow regulator and plumb my carbon and media reactors into them. So after that point I shouldn't need to have them pointing out of the water.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2885.JPG
I'll have to try one out on my newly released 750 pictured. The varios 8 at 4 puts out too much flow to the front glass. Need to redirect it a bit. If you'd like to send me one to ensure it works on the 750, r&d of course, pm me :)

Ryan in TX

Drew589

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up one of these (locline version) at TSA today for my Red Sea 750xxl reefer, installed and works as advertised. Very nicely made and someone even took the time to wet sand it smooth.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 122 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back