3D Printer people - attempting to install Klipper

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping I can make a connection with someone who has used Klipper to 3d print. I tried setting it up yesterday, and got to the point where I was testing the communication between the raspberry pi and the computer, and it was not connected. Has anyone successfully installed and printed with Klipper ? I would love to pick your brain..

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hoping I can make a connection with someone who has used Klipper to 3d print. I tried setting it up yesterday, and got to the point where I was testing the communication between the raspberry pi and the computer, and it was not connected. Has anyone successfully installed and printed with Klipper ? I would love to pick your brain..

What controller board are you using? Biggest thing to make sure and easiest to mess up is compiling the correct firmware for your setup.

I'm by no means an expert, but I have clipper running on two of my Vorons and have done my share of trying to figure out why something isn't doing what it's supposed to.

jtroxel1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you've already installed it, you probably have made it through most of this, but here goes:
To install Klipper, you will need a Raspberry Pi and a few other components. You can find a detailed installation guide on the Klipper website.
Once Klipper is installed, you will need to configure it - but you didn't mention this step, so make sure you've done this using the Klipper Configurator using the web-based interface.

After Klipper is configured, you will need to use a slicer that supports Klipper. Cura and PrusaSlicer are both popular slicers.

These are common tips that you'll get with an internet search, but just in case:
  • Make sure you have the latest version of Klipper.
  • Use a Raspberry Pi 4B or newer.
  • Use a good quality power supply for your Raspberry Pi.
  • Follow the installation guide carefully.
  • Take your time configuring Klipper.
  • Use a slicer that supports Klipper.
If you have any problems installing or using Klipper, there are a few resources that can help you. The Klipper website has a forum where you can ask questions and get help from other Klipper users. There are also a number of YouTube videos that can help you with the installation and configuration of Klipper.

I hope this helps!

mrtmsmith89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I managed to get it installed, wasted a full day messing with it, then went back to marlin, sorry I can't be of more help :grinning-face-with-sweat:

BARNAKEWLZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you've already installed it, you probably have made it through most of this, but here goes:
To install Klipper, you will need a Raspberry Pi and a few other components. You can find a detailed installation guide on the Klipper website.
Once Klipper is installed, you will need to configure it - but you didn't mention this step, so make sure you've done this using the Klipper Configurator using the web-based interface.

After Klipper is configured, you will need to use a slicer that supports Klipper. Cura and PrusaSlicer are both popular slicers.

These are common tips that you'll get with an internet search, but just in case:
  • Make sure you have the latest version of Klipper.
  • Use a Raspberry Pi 4B or newer.
  • Use a good quality power supply for your Raspberry Pi.
  • Follow the installation guide carefully.
  • Take your time configuring Klipper.
  • Use a slicer that supports Klipper.
If you have any problems installing or using Klipper, there are a few resources that can help you. The Klipper website has a forum where you can ask questions and get help from other Klipper users. There are also a number of YouTube videos that can help you with the installation and configuration of Klipper.

I hope this helps!
you can use some of the older PIs. I have it set up on 3As, 3Bs and 4Bs of coarse. The main thing is it should have Wifi

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back