3rd times the charm - 25 gallon IM lagoon downsize

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice tank I am 90% sure I am getting one for my 2nd "project tank" it will be rock nem focused where did you get yours if I may ask?
I am between a 40br witch I have and this tank?
I fill wired not running a skimmer looks like you are doing a great job with out one tho :D

love the macro BTW so underrated in the hobby I had a 20L macro tank it was fun until it got way out of control haha

OP
OP
cpschult

cpschult

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank? Craigslist
The nems? Frag swaps and coral savers on Facebook.

I like the aio, 40 breeder has great dimensions though, I just needed something smaller.

I’ve been battling cyano the last few weeks, ive lost ground on a chalice or two and I’m not happy! I gave away some hermits and cut my macro back a lot. It was a mistake!

Done a few big water changes and sucked a lot of cyano, so I’m hoping I’m on the right side of things now. Fingers crossed!

OP
OP
cpschult

cpschult

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay!

A83AC8EF-DF30-4C75-8869-926390397238.jpeg

cojo8888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how come you don't go diatom phase when u didn't cure rocks? awesome tank!

OP
OP
cpschult

cpschult

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We, along with 3,000 otherslost power today for about 5 hours. I ran to the local petco to grab a battery powered air stone (thought their 2 hour estimate was a bit low, phew). Tank got down to 69! So far everything looks okay, fingers crossed.

how come you don't go diatom phase when u didn't cure rocks? awesome tank!

Not sure. I did use mature water from a friends tank. Perhaps that helped a bit?

OP
OP
cpschult

cpschult

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes reefing sucks.

I lost two of the clams already. I tested all parameters and nothing seemed out of wack. Both started gaping and were gone within a day. I've been feeding heavier than normal (which is crazy since I already feed heavy!) so I'll need to back off a bit.

In other news, rest of tank is doing fairly well.

I've started dosing full strength kalk in my ATO since water changes with a little kalk in ATO wasn't enough to maintain parameters. I was having to dose alk daily and I'd rather have it automated. I also picked up a used Apex Lite and I'm learning how to use it!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back