OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ngl, if this is what happens all the time on @i cant think s threads, im gonna go get my popcorn next time i see this on my home page
I’m sure you’ll be seeing it quite often haha!
IMG_20221215_070507605.jpg
These guys are cute and look cuddly… And then you step on one in autumn barefoot.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been a while since I last opened the forum.

I have always wanted to own a sugar glider, does anyone have experience with them?
Sugar gliders are adorable, I remember my brother used to own a couple. I wish I got photos of them

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have always wanted to own a sugar glider, does anyone have experience with them?
I’m also considering sugar gliders. I’ve temporarily kept flying squirrels which is the closest I’ve come.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, yesterday I was meant to get water but I got a little side tracked… I now have these guys just on my larger windowsill, oops.
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Will be getting water today and hopefully won’t get sidetracked again.

L0L_Z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

dont. They are horrible, HORRIBBLE pets. They bite, they stink, they require so much extra care keeping a 15000gallon sps dominated full of obligate corrallivores to shame

L0L_Z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, yesterday I was meant to get water but I got a little side tracked… I now have these guys just on my larger windowsill, oops.
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Will be getting water today and hopefully won’t get sidetracked again.
We all have those days...lol

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont. They are horrible, HORRIBBLE pets. They bite, they stink, they require so much extra care keeping a 15000gallon sps dominated full of obligate corrallivores to shame
This is coming from the person who wants to fill their tank with half a dozen expert only fish?
BTW, i would like to mention, sugar gliders are best left in the wild. They live in colonies, are social and dont adapt well to captivity
I'd only get rescues. Thats how I got my flying squirrel. It was got by a cat and I fixed it up, rehabilitated it, and found it some fellow orphans. Had to give it up do to it needing a colony like the sugar glider. Obviously over here I'd have to get sugar gliders that someone else had abandoned but I'm leaning towards flying squirrels anyway.

01626EB9-27BC-43D9-9CBD-D022E64E1851.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5192.mov
    19.3 MB
Last edited:
OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is coming from the person who wants to fill their tank with half a dozen expert only fish? ;)
This is my dream tank haha, just a 15000G tank with expert only fish… Wait I kind of have that already.

L0L_Z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is coming from the person who wants to fill their tank with half a dozen expert only fish? ;)

I'd only get rescues. Thats how I got my flying squirrel. It was got by a cat and I fixed it up, rehabilitated it, and found it some fellow orphans. Had to give it up do to it needing a colony like the sugar glider. Obviously over here I'd have to get sugar gliders that someone else had abandoned but I'm leaning towards flying squirrels anyway.
Being honest, sugar gliders are 10x the work.

Thats...A great thing to do. What i meant for there is to only keep captive bred ones. I was kind of furious that people keep these creatures when a swarm went by my house, screeching and stuff

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Don't
Exactly don't.

They're LOUD all night long too. So loud.

My roommates had a pair in college and they were on the opposite side of the house from my and kept me up every dang night with all their chattering.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't

Exactly don't.

They're LOUD all night long too. So loud.

My roommates had a pair in college and they were on the opposite side of the house from my and kept me up every dang night with all their chattering.
This may have been when you’re sleep issues developed. I’d blame your old roommates and get a good attorney!

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may have been when you’re sleep issues developed. I’d blame your old roommates and get a good attorney!
Good point, I might not be the most reliable source on loudness at night. :upside-down-face:

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious, what are your dream tanks like?
My dream tanks are always failing catastrophically I guess you'd call those nightmares thou.......

Oh you mean what tank would I love to have. I'd love a large concrete tank like King of DIY's and I'd want some small sharks and rays (epaulette shark is my dream that could easily come true on sharks). I'd love to do a kelp tank if thats possible too.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love a large concrete tank like King of DIY's and I'd want some small sharks and rays (epaulette shark is my dream that could easily come true on sharks).
I know of two huge concrete tank builds on R2R. Are you following either of them?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dream tanks are always failing catastrophically I guess you'd call those nightmares thou.......

Oh you mean what tank would I love to have. I'd love a large concrete tank like King of DIY's and I'd want some small sharks and rays (epaulette shark is my dream that could easily come true on sharks). I'd love to do a kelp tank if thats possible too.
A kelp tank with an epaulette shark is one of my many dream tanks!
I’d also love to have a giant clam in the centre as the main focal piece of ‘rockwork’. My dream is to have my deresa in my 4’ tank once it outgrows my nano, hopefully my fish don’t mind the clam.

Back