4 g5XR15 or 5 Hydra 32HDs? For waterbox 7225

MJV15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m starting to gather the need items for my upcoming tank upgrade. I’m going to be setting up a Waterbox 7225. It will be an SPS dominant mixed reef. I was planning on using 4 xr15s but I just saw the Hydra 32s are on sale and I can get 5 for slightly less than the 4 XR15s.
So now I’m torn about how to best spend the money I’ve budgeted for lights. My internet is to mount them at 7-8 inches to limit light spill wish is why I was looking at the radions. But I having the extra Hydra may compensate for the narrower beam?
I’m setting up the tank in the middle of the great room in my house so I’m trying to limit light spill as much as possible since it’s going right next to my couch and don’t want to be blinded. I also don’t want a large hood over the tank as that would eliminate the sleekness of the rimless waterbox... Choices choices.
I have zero experience with radions so it is a bit of an unknown. I’m currently using 2 hydra 26hds so I’m familiar with them.
Any thoughts or experience is welcome.

OP
OP
MJV15

MJV15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I pretty much knew that was the way to go right after I typed up my initial post.
Thanks for the response.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back