4 month old filefish not eating

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had freshwater flukes decimate a fully stocked tank and I struggled so hard to save every fish but it ended up being a total wipe out. Very sad to go through.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Planning on moving clown to qt this afternoon. Do u recommend i use an antibiotic while treating with copper? Cant get nitrofurazone anytime soon so would ruby rally be safe to use in qt bath or something else? Thanks again
rally bath yes- I dont like mixing meds

OP
OP
K

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
rally bath yes- I dont like mixing meds
I’ve got the rally bath and qt ready only problem is ive been having hydrometer issues today. The fish is currently in 1.025 and the qt is at 1.025 but the rally is 1.0225. This shouldn’t be an issue for a 60-90 min bath right?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’ve got the rally bath and qt ready only problem is ive been having hydrometer issues today. The fish is currently in 1.025 and the qt is at 1.025 but the rally is 1.0225. This shouldn’t be an issue for a 60-90 min bath right?
Add 1/3 cup of salt and stir well then begin bath

OP
OP
K

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Add 1/3 cup of salt and stir well then begin bath
Me again…hope you don’t mind if i bother you with another question. I’m qt’ing my clown out of precaution and figured i would use the opportunity to pick up a few more fish. So as of now i have the clown along with a goby, blenny, and royal gramma in a 10g setup. All the new fish are really small so not much bioload. My lfs guy is advising me to opt for heavy biofiltration, skip the water changes so the medication levels are stable (also dosing metroplex and nitrofurazone) My question to you is it safe to take this route and continue to dose meds as directed without water changes? Everything I’m coming across online concerning metro and nitrofurazone says to do 25% wc’s between doses. Obviously ammonia could be a concern but I’m running a Seneye, removing all uneaten food every day and have some well seeded ceramic media in the tank. I’m just confused what the water changes are for exactly. Also i haven’t found any great info on how often to dose nitrofurazone. So far ive only dosed it once. I’ve dosed the metro twice and am due for another dose tonight.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
10-4 thank you sir. I'm hesitant to take that risk. I might just cross my fingers and get the prazi in there as quick as I can
If youre referring to Hypo- me too and especially not fond of Tank transfer method. It will take a full day for prazi to work. Safely, you can give the fish a 5 minute or as long as it tolerates it in freshwater the same temperature as display tank and will cause some of them to dislodge.

OP
OP
K

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If youre referring to Hypo- me too and especially not fond of Tank transfer method. It will take a full day for prazi to work. Safely, you can give the fish a 5 minute or as long as it tolerates it in freshwater the same temperature as display tank and will cause some of them to dislodge.
I’m not sure what i was referring to…that file fish died months ago. Poor little guy ):

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Me again…hope you don’t mind if i bother you with another question. I’m qt’ing my clown out of precaution and figured i would use the opportunity to pick up a few more fish. So as of now i have the clown along with a goby, blenny, and royal gramma in a 10g setup. All the new fish are really small so not much bioload. My lfs guy is advising me to opt for heavy biofiltration, skip the water changes so the medication levels are stable (also dosing metroplex and nitrofurazone) My question to you is it safe to take this route and continue to dose meds as directed without water changes? Everything I’m coming across online concerning metro and nitrofurazone says to do 25% wc’s between doses. Obviously ammonia could be a concern but I’m running a Seneye, removing all uneaten food every day and have some well seeded ceramic media in the tank. I’m just confused what the water changes are for exactly. Also i haven’t found any great info on how often to dose nitrofurazone. So far ive only dosed it once. I’ve dosed the metro twice and am due for another dose tonight.
That post was for someone else as I had 4 links open
I prefer the route of treatment and skip water change unless needed due to elevated ammonia, etc However, it would not hurt to do water change initiative to assure good water quality and oxygen is maintained which is what the water change recommendation is for. I simply do water tests to confirm safe levels every 72 hours

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back