40 breeder bare bottom build

It’sMeCoryT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
56148235-88CF-47F2-9C4D-DF9A6E3C734C.jpeg

So I’ve unfortunately taken a break from the hobby for a couple years, life happens. I’ve got a 20 gallon Mixed reef and this is the upgrade. It’s the first time I’ve done an actual aquascape. I would have normally just stacked it but I’ve got a ton of wwc corals I want to really show off. What do you think of this Aquascape?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have some cool places for corals and your fish will like the arches. You will need to come up with some low height growth, high par corals for that top rock since it's really close to the waterline! Start a build thread for it.

OP
OP
It’sMeCoryT

It’sMeCoryT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have some cool places for corals and your fish will like the arches. You will need to come up with some low height growth, high par corals for that top rock since it's really close to the waterline! Start a build thread for it.
I think I might just do that, I’m planning on starting the stand next week so that would be pretty good timing. Thanks for the idea!!

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet, I’m working on th aquascape now. But I have along ways to go yet. I’m planning an extra long cycle on the rock. I have a biocube that’s been going well for 2 years, so I’m nit in a huge rush. How about yourself?

Msteven1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet, I’m working on th aquascape now. But I have along ways to go yet. I’m planning an extra long cycle on the rock. I have a biocube that’s been going well for 2 years, so I’m nit in a huge rush. How about yourself?
Same here. My Biocube 29 got infested with Vermatid snails, so I've been just keeping things alive while I research the 40 breeder. I'm also going to do the long cycle. I just bought rock to do some aquascape ideas, then into a tub of saltwater for curing.

OP
OP
It’sMeCoryT

It’sMeCoryT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for such a long time from the last update, so I have the tank running now, I’m cooking the rock and will be moving corals over within the next couple months. I am running a 29 gallon sump, with a classic reef octopus needle wheel. The sump is suppose to be a trotting design but decided last minute to run the big slimmer. I’ve got to put the power heads in, even though the return is a beast it swirls the entire tank.
0E519C26-5787-4A2C-BC03-EB90B7AC95BB.jpeg

OP
OP
It’sMeCoryT

It’sMeCoryT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
28C51172-A3A5-4040-9DCA-28D753593FCD.jpeg

I’m running a current USA eflux return not sure the flow on it, I’ve only got it turned to about halfway.
EDB16D90-EE19-4417-8DAC-141C77EE2D42.jpeg

I decided to leave it all open air, I’m a sucker for good looking sump. If you watched the first season of ghost nation, or the premier, you might recognize that stairway. Lol

OP
OP
It’sMeCoryT

It’sMeCoryT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty so it’s been some time since I’ve updated my build thread, I’ll make sure to update photos too. So the other day I ordered a 75 gallon to replace my fowlr 55 gallon, main reason for replacing is there is only a single drain in the overflow. Well I went to pick it up and found out they didn’t have one... but they did have a 90. So I’ll be starting a new build thread in the next few days.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 54 55.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back