OP
OP
mikez104

mikez104

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is way easier than you thinkj.. A drill, some sandpaper a saw and maybe a chisel.. I can see if I can attach a pic.. or maybe I can do a thread.. IDK.. If you have a real interest.. as it makes for a nice look to a cabinet. You can pick your wood and stuff.. contrasty or blended or painted. Just a thought..
Pics are always welcome. I'm pretty good at figuring out how to recreate things I like but not so creative with my own ideas. :)

Anchor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple of really large ones I am making for a wooden chest. These are made with 3/4 inch walnut.. You would likely go with half or quarter inch.. drilling out for the dowel swivels is actually the hardest part.. having a drill bit long enough.. and matched to your dowel diameter.. But overall.. pretty easy. These are before and after rounding and drilling for screws and or doweling for attachment.
Can give a rustic lok or nice modern look depending on what kind of wood you use and how and if you stain it.

Hinge 1.jpg
Hinge 2.jpg

Tdoan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it quiet? I hate to be the dead horse but it has to be quiet. I'm kind of weird that way the noise just drives me nuts. And do you have any things that you don't like about it?
It is quiet, I have a gate valve on it and it operates quiet. I do have it in my bedroom.

Tdoan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my overflow with my plumbing. I drilled a 40’ breeder. I made the stand myself and painted it black. The sump is a fiji20 and I love it. I am running an Octo 110 skimmer and it works great. Only thing I would change is the return. I would like to have 2 one on each side.

00E79747-636A-4947-A251-F73FC4A5F41F.jpeg

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my overflow with my plumbing. I drilled a 40’ breeder. I made the stand myself and painted it black. The sump is a fiji20 and I love it. I am running an Octo 110 skimmer and it works great. Only thing I would change is the return. I would like to have 2 one on each side.

00E79747-636A-4947-A251-F73FC4A5F41F.jpeg
Why do you want two returns? And can you show a picture of your return jet?

Back