40 Gal Breeder Heating

MissouriReefer31

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 40 gal breeder with 2 200W Aqueon heaters and they have been in the tank for a week and my temps are still at 69 degrees F. I see them turn on and off through out the day. Do I need better heaters? or are they maybe malfunctioning? what do you recommend for a 40 gal breeder. I dont know if this matters but i have a tidal 55 HOB, 2 Aqueon 500 gph pumps and live rock.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be sure you know the 69F is correct. If so.....If they are adjustable turn the temp up a few degrees. Wait 24 hours and do it again. Until you get the tank to the desired temp.The temp on the dial is just for reference. I never found whats marked on the dial is what they will keep the tank at. Then i suggest you turn 1 down a few degrees and use it as sort of a back up if the other should fail in the off posistion.

OP
OP
MissouriReefer31

MissouriReefer31

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be sure you know the 69F is correct. If so.....If they are adjustable turn the temp up a few degrees. Wait 24 hours and do it again. Until you get the tank to the desired temp.The temp on the dial is just for reference. I never found whats marked on the dial is what they will keep the tank at. Then i suggest you turn 1 down a few degrees and use it as sort of a back up if the other should fail in the off posistion.
Yes i will double check it again with a digital and a standard thermometer. the heaters i have are preset to 78 and i cannot change the temps on it.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back