40 gallon breeder lighting

drezden88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting back in the hobby after taking to long of a break side 2012. I just picked up a 40B and a 20L for the sump. This will be a mixed reef tank. I'm torn between spending the money upfront for a Kessel ap9x or saving a little money on a reef breeder photon 32's. I know in the future I will upgrade to a 4f 120 gallon. Which then I could use swap over the Kessel. I'm open to other options as well. Budget is around 700.

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting back in the hobby after taking to long of a break side 2012. I just picked up a 40B and a 20L for the sump. This will be a mixed reef tank. I'm torn between spending the money upfront for a Kessel ap9x or saving a little money on a reef breeder photon 32's. I know in the future I will upgrade to a 4f 120 gallon. Which then I could use swap over the Kessel. I'm open to other options as well. Budget is around 700.
Lol this is exactly where I stand right now. I have the 40 breeder going for awhile now and have the 120 already setup but it’s freshwater. I am currently running 2 hydra 26 which are great but when it comes time to transfer I am looking into doing a hybrid. The 2 hydras with 4 T-5’s to cover the tank fully. I was really contemplating the Reefbreeder 48. I saw in person and the color in this guys tanks was amazing with his reefbreeder

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will do the job if you want to upgrade a little bit sooner! I have 2 40 breeders, one with a more expensive AI light, and one with one of these. Both work, if you are positive you will use the kessil on the new tank you could go with that, but there could be some new lighting out that trumps all of these by the time you upgrade. It would suck to have to sell a expensive unit at 50% because you want a new one or want to go a different direction with lighting.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%

Back