Hud

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Also just
Dwarf angelfish are a 50/50 chance they will nip at corals so it’s up to you if you want to take that chance. A cool fish is a flame hawk fish only if you don’t have inverts
Also see what’s available like @Jedi1199 said don’t have a list and stick to that just go to your lfs and see what you like do reaserch and it and then buy it

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!

tharbin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
If you go with a HOB filter try to get one with surface skimming. The biggest issue with non-drilled tanks is keeping film off the water surface which inhibits gas exchange. If I remember correctly SeaChem makes a line of HOB filters that have surface skimming built in.

PrestonH

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thanks for all the support on this also was wondering if you guys had any advice on good tanks and filters, equipment etc. I am on a budget would like to spent under $400 on the equipment but wasn't sure where to get the best equipment for the best price.
Honestly I was on a budget too, I bought a fish tank ensemble from pet smart for 130 dollars. Luckily it was 50% (40 gallon),then I bought a hang on filter for 32 dollars(top-fin) of course I got an air pump and had to buy more powerful light for my reef tank. The expensive part wasn't the equipment it was actually the live rock, I think I spent over 200 dollars alone on live rock. I have had 0 problems with this cheap setup and it looks gorgeous and could even support the condy anemone, two clownfish, valantini puffer. I plan to out coral in next when I get home from vacation.

Maxout

Have you ever torn down a tank over an issue you couldn't seem to beat?

• Yes! I have. (Tell us about what issue you faced in the thread.)

Votes: 84 24.8%
  • No. Thankfully, I haven't.

Votes: 176 51.9%
  • Nope, but it almost happened. (Share your experience in the thread.)

Votes: 24 7.1%
  • Not yet, but I'm almost there. (Tell us what you're dealing with.)

Votes: 27 8.0%
  • If you reef long enough, this will eventually happen to you.

Votes: 24 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 1.2%
Go to www.aqua-ops.com for high end corals!