40% Off Klir Filters? — why?

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw a vendor put Klir filter systems on sale at 40% off. Any idea why?

I’m wondering if we are about to see a “new and improved” version so they are clearing out old inventory?

OP
OP
M

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@((FORDTECH)) congrats! That’s what I can’t figure out. Are they coming out with a new model? It’s not like CoralVue our anything else on sale. But for the price I might buy one to try out.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@((FORDTECH)) congrats! That’s what I can’t figure out. Are they coming out with a new model? It’s not like CoralVue our anything else on sale. But for the price I might buy one to try out.
At 40% off to me don’t really make a difference I could use them for months and still get my money back almost. It’s a steal at that price and for what it’s worth if a design change happens hopefully I can modify the old ones to accept the new modification

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I figured they might be selling them off because a newer version. Ive been eyeing these for my new build for awhile. SWA said it was due to overstock. I figured at 40% off i cant go wrong giving it a try. It arrived today and looks like a nice piece of equipment!

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely either new version, or they're dropping the KLIR distribution rights.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Trying to figure out a way to make it work on my Reefer 350 v3 sump with minimal modification. I really want to pick one up if I can make it work.

OP
OP
M

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured they might be selling them off because a newer version. Ive been eyeing these for my new build for awhile. SWA said it was due to overstock. I figured at 40% off i cant go wrong giving it a try. It arrived today and looks like a nice piece of equipment!
@infinite0180 thanks for sharing! I just ordered one as well. Please let me know what you learn as you install it. Good luck!

OP
OP
M

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to figure out a way to make it work on my Reefer 350 v3 sump with minimal modification. I really want to pick one up if I can make it work.
Same! But I did It the other way. I bought one and hoping I’ll figure it out.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I may just buy the Klir 4” and that stand they sell for it and rip my sock area out. My sock tray is partially broken anyway. No idea how that happened.

OP
OP
M

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @infinite0180 wondering if you had a chance to install your Klir. I ordered one and it should arrive next week. Looking for any tips or suggestions on the install or setup, etc. Thanks in advance.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey @infinite0180 wondering if you had a chance to install your Klir. I ordered one and it should arrive next week. Looking for any tips or suggestions on the install or setup, etc. Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately its going to be a few weeks. Im setting up a new tank! From the sounds of it youl be up and running before me!

OP
OP
M

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately its going to be a few weeks. Im setting up a new tank! From the sounds of it youl be up and running before me!
Okay then! If I’ll connect with you once I’m up and running.

jimc40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one it was total junk nothing but problems. They do not function properly constantly jamming up. Bad design read reviews on it I am not the only one with the same problem. I had the 7 it has been long thrown away complete waste of money

Hardrock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mike550 , thanks for sharing it. I ordered 2 DI-4. Fit like a glove in my Waterbox sump. And running since yesterday.
B93FDE74-E49A-4678-AE72-D7B2E8F53EC9.jpeg

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one it was total junk nothing but problems. They do not function properly constantly jamming up. Bad design read reviews on it I am not the only one with the same problem. I had the 7 it has been long thrown away complete waste of money
From everything I’ve read the jamming of this device was most the time from people not properly route the fleece. Directions for doing it are not that simple and could easily be read and done wrong. 2 other things where causing issues . 1 was the original units where built with a weak motor since then been upgraded to 11rpm and fixed and second is if you new roll of fleece gets wet or damp gives motor a harder time to turn so don’t get new fleece role damp or wet.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back