40+ Tangs and Angels in one tank!!!! [VIDEO]

Devaji

Valuable Member
Reaction score
That is a nice big tank........ still over-stocked
that was my 1st thought too. but the fish do seem healthy and happy. I wonder if there is a point where more fish = less aggression or more spread out anyway.

if the fish are healthy and the care taker loves the tank then I am OK with it. he knows he is pushing the boundary and is even up grading to a bigger tank.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
R2R Supporter
R2R Excellence Award
Reef Squad Leader
Partner Member 2019
Reaction score
I couldn't hear well due to back ground noise here on the patio but what size is the tank?

Stunning collection of fish, especially the angels. Was I mistaken or was there not a Hippo tang?

o2manyfish

Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Within chaos you find piece. My 400g display tank has over 160 fish in it. I like smaller fish, but have many of the same fish as the tank in the video and have no aggression issues.

I have 9 yellow tangs, 3 purple tangs, 3 hippo tangs, 1 hippo tang with no tail, Chevron tang, Gem tang, Black Tang and Monster Achilles Tang.

For the angels I have Trio of Venustus, Flame, Trio of Flamebacks (Spawning), Pair of Golden, Trio of Bellus (Spawning), pair of Joculator and a pair of Goldflakes (spawning).

With a tank packed with life and fish - I have not heard of anyone else having Goldflakes Spawn in captivity.

Other spawning fish include - Target Mandarins, Green Mandarins, Red Scooter Blennies, Bangai's, Clowns, Frimandi Pseudochromis and Orange Tail Damsels.

For those who are curious - Live webcam -- www.o2manyfish.com/webcam -- Tank lights come on after 5pm PST - Also lots of videos on Youtube under o2manyfish.

OP
samparker

samparker

Reef Tank 365
Reaction score
Within chaos you find piece. My 400g display tank has over 160 fish in it. I like smaller fish, but have many of the same fish as the tank in the video and have no aggression issues.

I have 9 yellow tangs, 3 purple tangs, 3 hippo tangs, 1 hippo tang with no tail, Chevron tang, Gem tang, Black Tang and Monster Achilles Tang.

For the angels I have Trio of Venustus, Flame, Trio of Flamebacks (Spawning), Pair of Golden, Trio of Bellus (Spawning), pair of Joculator and a pair of Goldflakes (spawning).

With a tank packed with life and fish - I have not heard of anyone else having Goldflakes Spawn in captivity.

Other spawning fish include - Target Mandarins, Green Mandarins, Red Scooter Blennies, Bangai's, Clowns, Frimandi Pseudochromis and Orange Tail Damsels.

For those who are curious - Live webcam -- www.o2manyfish.com/webcam -- Tank lights come on after 5pm PST - Also lots of videos on Youtube under o2manyfish.
WOW - that is a cool tank you have! Nice work, love the live stream :)

Devaji

Valuable Member
Reaction score
@samparker I would love a nice long 4K video of the tank with chill music ( or even no I can add the tunes on my end)
I love to make playlist of amazing tanks for back ground TV stuff. better than whats on anyway. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors