OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever get serious about an upgrade let me know. My old low boy is available.
20210715_190947.jpg
It's a 50? probably not upgrading soon, but you never know. you want it gone by thanksgiving, right?

edit: had to go back five pages of banana catchup business to refresh that in my head. strange people those cronies.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a 50? probably not upgrading soon, but you never know. you want it gone by thanksgiving, right?

edit: had to go back five pages of banana catchup business to refresh that in my head. strange people those cronies.
I think its a 60 or 65. I have the dimensions somewhere. I know it's 48x24 just not sure on the height maybe 13. I am going to keep it running as a frag/qt tank until I can get rid of it. No luck so far. Yeah those Cronies are a very odd bunch (see what I did there with the banana reference). They make me laugh.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its a 60 or 65. I have the dimensions somewhere. I know it's 48x24 just not sure on the height maybe 13. I am going to keep it running as a frag/qt tank until I can get rid of it. No luck so far. Yeah those Cronies are a very odd bunch (see what I did there with the banana reference). They make me laugh.
I do see what you did. Took a second reading but I got there in the end.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey how did you fair in the sbb sale this weekend? Too much going on for me right now had to pass but their stuff is legit.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks. I need to add another magnet. I fear that the hawk fish will perch there and take it down. Probably one of my first few attempts at diy rock will be a floating rock rack for the back wall between the islands.
Keep an eye on those magnets. Pretty sure I found (and hopefully fixed) my problem in the 75. My magnetic glass cleaner rusted... Inside the tank. I pulled it out and already most of my corals have started perking back up. Also, this thing only has two of those magnets on 3/8" thick glass. It holds but is kinda precarious. I bumped it and it jiggled - didn't fall off but felt like it would.
IMG_20220728_093601588~2.jpg

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Came away with 13 pieces I think. 5 gonis, 4? zoas, a micromussa, hammer and something else. Need faster internet for those $1 torch drops! I'll post pics when they come, probably also the ones from the sale.
No micromussa.... Acan echinata maybe? I don't think he sells Lords/Micros - yet.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep an eye on those magnets. Pretty sure I found (and hopefully fixed) my problem in the 75. My magnetic glass cleaner rusted... Inside the tank. I pulled it out and already most of my corals have started perking back up. Also, this thing only has two of those magnets on 3/8" thick glass. It holds but is kinda precarious. I bumped it and it jiggled - didn't fall off but felt like it would.
IMG_20220728_093601588~2.jpg
I checked around the seams for gaps, didn't see any, but will keep an eye on it. I could drown it in silicone if need be, or replace it for something made for reefs by a professional, rather than a cheapskate.

No micromussa.... Acan echinata maybe? I don't think he sells Lords/Micros - yet.

He had some echinata that I wanted, but never pulled the trigger on. Here is his picture of what I got, looks micromussa to me, but could be different. It was still listed as an "grab it acan" though. It looks like there is some separation between polyp flesh. I've only seen them listed as micro lord in a few places; in similar situations to when I see hammers listed outside euphyllia.
zoas-2-scaled.jpg

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I checked around the seams for gaps, didn't see any, but will keep an eye on it. I could drown it in silicone if need be, or replace it for something made for reefs by a professional, rather than a cheapskate.

He had some echinata that I wanted, but never pulled the trigger on. Here is his picture of what I got, looks micromussa to me, but could be different. It was still listed as an "grab it acan" though. It looks like there is some separation between polyp flesh. I've only seen them listed as micro lord in a few places; in similar situations to when I see hammers listed outside euphyllia.
zoas-2-scaled.jpg
It sure does look like a Micro to me. I missed that posting. I'd say you got hold of one of his first Micros! It still could be an Acan of some variety but I'm thinking you're probably right on the Micromussa. Congrats amigo!

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sure does look like a Micro to me. I missed that posting. I'd say you got hold of one of his first Micros! It still could be an Acan of some variety but I'm thinking you're probably right on the Micromussa. Congrats amigo!
Thanks! I saw another posted and almost grabbed it too. Probably from the same colony but the blue was all the way to the mouth. Is the outside part the mantel? I'll look.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
half-chicken salad. balout egg salad would be the duck version of it, bot sure what the chicken version would be.

Edit: not sure. I can't spell.
So wait, what do you call egg or chicken salad made with Banana Ketchup?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So egg salad is really premature chicken salad.
half-chicken salad. balout egg salad would be the duck version of it, bot sure what the chicken version would be.

Edit: not sure. I can't spell.
No, the eggs we use for salad are not fertile. I know it's a joke and all. But seeing my mom eat ballot made me vomit. It's just nasty.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back