The Mediocreef

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I would just increase the overall size via the slicer. no need to reinterpret the stl file. I suppose you could use mesh mixer and do it but I've not messed around too much with that.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just increase the overall size via the slicer. no need to reinterpret the stl file. I suppose you could use mesh mixer and do it but I've not messed around too much with that.
I feel like these words mean something.

I tell myself I'm not that old, then I remember my high school CAD class was over half my lifetime ago. but I can't be that old because my high school had a CAD class.

I'll spend some time with free fusion 360 (looked into it yesterday and holy buckets its expensive); see if I can't learn at least part of what you said.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I tell myself I'm not that old, then I remember my high school CAD class was over half my lifetime ago. but I can't be that old because my high school had a CAD class.

I'll spend some time with free fusion 360 (looked into it yesterday and holy buckets its expensive); see if I can't learn at least part of what you said.
If you increase total size then check the inside diameter. According to my math, going from 11mm to 16mm is going to be 145% though. I'm I doing this right @Projects with Sam ?

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

fusion 360 has a free license.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you increase total size then check the inside diameter. According to my math, going from 11mm to 16mm is going to be 145% though. I'm I doing this right @Projects with Sam ?
40%+ taller is probably an odd look. But it would help get some in the flow.

may be too tall... easy to scale it down on the z axis
Thanks. I'll take a look in more detail after work. It's busy today.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this little homey in the reef last night.
IMG_20220928_202950260.jpg

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Could be. I have plenty of brittle stars in there. I was thinking astrina but don't know how not would have gotten in. Ain't skrd either way.
I love asterinas but the legs and body look wrong. Most people hate them but they're an integral part of the CUC I feel. There are fish that can keep them in check.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love asterinas but the legs and body look wrong. Most people hate them but they're an integral part of the CUC I feel. There are fish that can keep them in check.
They're fine till they're not in my eyes. An lfs always has a harlequin shrimp in stock. I could try to rent it. I was so happy to see the brittle stars pour out the macro algae when the tank was new.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@Projects with Sam my new TinkerCAD project for holding my controllers (lights and heater) shows a couple of seams. They're grouped and there's no gap in between but it's still showing a seam. If I printed it would it print the seams?
IMG_20220928_152049694.jpg

There are several of them. I don't notice anything similar on the hangers I'm having the library print...

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Projects with Sam my new TinkerCAD project for holding my controllers (lights and heater) shows a couple of seams. They're grouped and there's no gap in between but it's still showing a seam. If I printed it would it print the seams?
IMG_20220928_152049694.jpg

There are several of them. I don't notice anything similar on the hangers I'm having the library print...
I'm not too familir with TinkerCAD but on stuff my kid does with it the seems are hidden; other seems will be introduced in slicing though. you'll see its part science part art to get decent prints. Up till recently I haven't concerned myself too much with print quality... Figured I could always work on the profiles later...

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm not too familir with TinkerCAD but on stuff my kid does with it the seems are hidden; other seems will be introduced in slicing though. you'll see its part science part art to get decent prints. Up till recently I haven't concerned myself too much with print quality... Figured I could always work on the profiles later...
I'm more concerned with it printing the seam as a gap. If the top and bottom portions print as separate pieces...

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm more concerned with it printing the seam as a gap. If the top and bottom portions print as separate pieces...
think about how the printer puts it down. anything not directly supported by the build plate gets back-filled by support plastic that takes time to print and gets thrown out after. The printers can do 45 degree overhangs so if clever you can design stuff that can be printed without support.

sometimes you'll print a part upside down or in two pieces just to minimize needed support.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back