OP
OP
SteveM10

SteveM10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally awesome setup I would love to see it in person and I don't live far from you. I think you planned it out very well.

I actually have a couple of guys stopping by Saturday to check out the sustem. Feel free to stop by anytime. Just shoot me a PM.

OP
OP
SteveM10

SteveM10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took out one of my QT tanks (still have the other) and added a new frag tank yesterday. Plumbed it into the system and so far so good. Now I just need to fill it with frags. :smile:

FragTank1.jpg

FragTank2.jpg

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have a couple of guys stopping by Saturday to check out the sustem. Feel free to stop by anytime. Just shoot me a PM.

Sorry Steve I didn't see your pot but would love to stop by still. Also I have a large remodel going on up off the parish exit but I live on 70. I'm scheduled to be up there Wednesday but may be there Monday.
I do appreciate you sharing you wonderful tanks with us. Hope to see it soon.
Joseph I will pm you my number

ammari33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Stephen
Regarding the sand bed, I bought some from Reef Rock Company. However, still I have not put it in the tank. Do you advice me to change the sand to a larger grains or the sand from Reef Rock Company is Ok?

Genesis Corals

Genesis 1:21
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing to think of with the QT still there is water getting splashed over between tanks. I honestly believe this was why my previous attempt at getting rid of ich in my tanks didn't happen was the proximity of the QT to the sump. Just something to consider.

OP
OP
SteveM10

SteveM10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Stephen
Regarding the sand bed, I bought some from Reef Rock Company. However, still I have not put it in the tank. Do you advice me to change the sand to a larger grains or the sand from Reef Rock Company is Ok?

I would not use the sand from them unless you have a low flow tank. That is what I had to remove.

OP
OP
SteveM10

SteveM10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another Question. From you experience, How to remove the altar fine sand?

I used a filter sock and scooped the sand into the sock then removed the sock and dumped the sand into a bucket. Did that over and over and over and.... you get the idea.

ammari33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a filter sock and scooped the sand into the sock then removed the sock and dumped the sand into a bucket. Did that over and over and over and.... you get the idea.

Thanks Steve
I think if we rains the sand then will not have this issue. Am I right?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back