410 gal SPS tank build in SW Florida

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank is amazing. Just curious, how much of it did you set up yourself? I want to do a large setup when me and the future wife build/buy a house but I'm no expert in plumbing, etc. So I'm afraid I'd have to contract a lot of that out lol.

OP
OP
SteveM10

SteveM10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank is amazing. Just curious, how much of it did you set up yourself? I want to do a large setup when me and the future wife build/buy a house but I'm no expert in plumbing, etc. So I'm afraid I'd have to contract a lot of that out lol.

With the exception of the trim work, I did it all myself with a little help from my neighbor. He helped me put up the light system. Believe me, I am no plumber but it really wasn’t that hard. I planned everything out in a Google 3D app first so knew everything work and then just followed my plans.

thenissantech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a great looking steup you have here! I bet Ecotech would be glad to feature this tank's progression since you have used them since day one! Great job again, your photography is on point. From the begining to now, is there anything you would do differently?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build thread. Have you been happy with the CtC tank? I have one of similar dimensions, but actually went acrylic from fishtanksdirect. It's funny to me that no matter how large the tank, at some point it gets overgrown. I really like the open aquascape.

OP
OP
SteveM10

SteveM10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build thread. Have you been happy with the CtC tank? I have one of similar dimensions, but actually went acrylic from fishtanksdirect. It's funny to me that no matter how large the tank, at some point it gets overgrown. I really like the open aquascape.

Yes, the Coast to Coast tank has been great. Very well built.

MAREEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see all the progression of this tank over the years. Goes to show that if you stick with it long enough, you can create something truly amazing! Great job so far. Look forward to seeing this for years to come.

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally agree with everyone else, you have an amazing tank, and I'm looking forward to more pictures. Thanks for sharing.

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve have you ever been to Coral Corral it is near Tampa? We have visited Orlando in 2016 and this year and drove drove to see their tanks. We enjoy the store.

Dogtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An amazingly nice setup and steady progression. Its the bumps in the road that we get through that make us successful. What has been the biggest challenge you've had to work through to date?

OP
OP
SteveM10

SteveM10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve have you ever been to Coral Corral it is near Tampa? We have visited Orlando in 2016 and this year and drove drove to see their tanks. We enjoy the store.

Yes, I was there a few years ago I need to go back. Nice place.

OP
OP
SteveM10

SteveM10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An amazingly nice setup and steady progression. Its the bumps in the road that we get through that make us successful. What has been the biggest challenge you've had to work through to date?

The original sand was an issue for a while. I finally swapped it out for a heavier grain. The first sand I used was super fine and blew everywhere. It was a real pain but was worth doing.

Other than that it hasn’t been bad. There’s always ups and downs with equipment and such but overall nothing to challenging.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back