410 gal SPS tank build in SW Florida

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build! Any issues with the 28" height so far? How high off the ground is the tank? (I am considering a 28" high tank too)

Definitely along for the ride!

I just got a 28" tall 210g tank on Saturday, all I can say is stainless steel BBQ tongs are your friend...

OP
OP
SteveM10

SteveM10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. I have plenty more pics and updates to come.

Awesome build! Any issues with the 28" height so far? How high off the ground is the tank? (I am considering a 28" high tank too)

Definitely along for the ride!

No issues with the height. I have a stepstool and ladder I use to help reach the bottom. Luckily I have access from the front and rear of the tank, otherwise it would be near impossible to get to the bottom. Due to the size of the tank I can also lay across the top of the tank. That gives me access to anyplace I need to get to. I also use plastic tongs when I don't feel like sticking my arm in the tank. They are a BIG help.

cwilder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you been planning this build? Obviuolsy, you built the house and designed the room in. Very cool!

Sacohen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice.
It's great to be able to plan for it from scratch rather then just fit it where you can. :)

What are the 2 tanks above the sump for, QT?

room3.jpg

room3.jpg

MrSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No issues with the height. I have a stepstool and ladder I use to help reach the bottom. Luckily I have access from the front and rear of the tank, otherwise it would be near impossible to get to the bottom. Due to the size of the tank I can also lay across the top of the tank. That gives me access to anyplace I need to get to. I also use plastic tongs when I don't feel like sticking my arm in the tank. They are a BIG help.

Good to know. The space I have will allow for 90x22x__ in the same viewing configuration as yours (no back access though) and I'm eyeballing a lot of the same gear, so I'm really interested in seeing how everything will come along for you. I'm 6'3" with 30" of arm from armpit to fingertip - I figured 28" would be fine if I have the tank a little lower to the ground, but I may have to mock up something to see how big of a stretch that'll be - literally. I always wished my 125 was a little taller, but maybe that just sounds good in theory...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back