440 Gallon Display - RFG Nozzles provide ALL the flow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LeonThePeon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I saw you guys at Reefapalooza this past year in Anaheim. I’m still working on my 12’ x 2’ x 2’ build - but wanted to ask - I’ve got two return lines that’s going to be powered by a single L1. Would it be able to handle 2x 1” RFGs on each return? Or should I do 2x 3/4” RFGs on each?

Also - do you sell a 1” to 1” Y (not the 1” Y reducer to 3/4” output)

Thanks!

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I saw you guys at Reefapalooza this past year in Anaheim. I’m still working on my 12’ x 2’ x 2’ build - but wanted to ask - I’ve got two return lines that’s going to be powered by a single L1. Would it be able to handle 2x 1” RFGs on each return? Or should I do 2x 3/4” RFGs on each?

Also - do you sell a 1” to 1” Y (not the 1” Y reducer to 3/4” output)

Thanks!
I would think the LI could handle either setup but you'll want to take into amount any head loss you'll have from the plumbing. For instance, if you think you can deliver at least 2,000 GPH to the display tank, then you could go with either two 1in RFGs or the 4, 3/4in RFGS (2 on each side) . But if you think it would be less than 2,000, then I would stick with the 2, 1in RFGs.

As far as the 1in/1in Y goes, we have not seen that yet, be we are working on sourcing that out.

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm currently powerhead-free in my 25 Lagoon, and just using 2 RFG nozzles. I love this product! My corals used to all just blow one way from the flow of the powerhead, now they are gently swaying in the current. This company has top notch customer service too!

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently powerhead-free in my 25 Lagoon, and just using 2 RFG nozzles. I love this product! My corals used to all just blow one way from the flow of the powerhead, now they are gently swaying in the current. This company has top notch customer service too!
Thanks for the positive feedback @Kellie in CA . If you have not already please be sure to post a pic of your tank in your RFG Show off thread.

The range of aquariums the RFG nozzle is providing flow in is crazy - from 10 gallons to 1,000 gallon systems.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back